NO assessment drive UNTILL passing theory test?

Hi all.

I have been fishing around for a some assessment drives but all 3 training schools I have approached so far wont let me do it until I have passed my theory test; is that right?

Cheers

Jota:
Hi all.

I have been fishing around for a some assessment drives but all 3 training schools I have approached so far wont let me do it until I have passed my theory test; is that right?

Cheers

You need to look a little further afield - lots of other trainers WILL give you an assessment, only criteria is the provisional licence.

john

As John at Chevron has said. But I’ll explain why you’ve had the response from the others. The assessment is seen as a way of getting your booking so some trainers wont want to see you till you’re in a position to book. If this is the case, stay clear.

Reputable trainers will be happy to assess without a theory. But you must hold a provisional to be legal.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Paul William near Gloucester were happy to give me an assessment before I’d done my theory. And then had no issues with me not booking my training for another 9 months.

Thank you for your answer and advice.
I really got the feeling that since I wasn’t calling at their door with my credit card stuck on my forehead they weren’t too happy to help

I’ll keep looking around.

What area are you in?

Peter Smythe:
What area are you in?

I’m in NE London looking for training here plus Essex or Kent… You are up North I take it?
Cheers

I am not much further up north from you and I decided to go out with PSTT. They also did an assessment drive for me day before my theory test. I was very happy after my trial. Spotless fleet, test centre on site, calm and good trainers. I think you could ask for residential course so it saves you the daily travel.

Blacov89:
I am not much further up north from you and I decided to go out with PSTT. They also did an assessment drive for me day before my theory test. I was very happy after my trial. Spotless fleet, test centre on site, calm and good trainers. I think you could ask for residential course so it saves you the daily travel.

Hi Blacov89.

I can’t find any training school/centre by PSTT anywhere…

Jota:

Blacov89:

Hi Blacov89.

I can’t find any training school/centre by PSTT anywhere…

If you have a look at the sponsor of this forum,see what the initials spell out …

Lol I thought that will speak for itself. As above its Peter’s school the guy that posted here already. Message him and he will line up your options, you can also check recommended schools from the sticky thread. They are not the cheapest but I believe they are worth it. Based on my trial experience and number of happy customers from around here.

OOOOOPS!!! Didn’t see that one coming!!! LOL