Newcastle emlyn

Got a drop there tomorrow(garden centre on bridge street)
starting from the midlands about now…I’ll probably night out at swansea west or pont abraham.
anyone got any route advice from there.
I’m not totally unfamiliar with the area, but am I right in thinking the a484 is a bit rubbish :question:
I’ll be 44 tonne.
thanx.

commonrail:
Got a drop there tomorrow(garden centre on bridge street)
starting from the midlands about now…I’ll probably night out at swansea west or pont abraham.
anyone got any route advice from there.
I’m not totally unfamiliar with the area, but am I right in thinking the a484 is a bit rubbish :question:
I’ll be 44 tonne.
thanx.

Just had a look at that on google street view double yellows opposite and not a lot of room outside if there are parked cars,that is if it is Trefhedyn garden centre,I think would aim to get there early to get parked,hope that helps. :smiley: :smiley:

I’ll be there for 8…clear a ■■■■■■■ path :laughing:

commonrail:
I’ll be there for 8…clear a [zb] path :laughing:

Crack on!

Hiya…Newcastle Emlyn…wow what a place to get to… this was about 1977. i picked up a loaded
incoming trailer at Dover, the load was wood burners from Germany… Dover to Newcastle Emlym was
two days hard drive.I’ll never forget it.Canterbury NO BYPASS…M20/M25 wasn’t thought off, so
through the city, pop off down the M4 till Cardiff. M4 stopped in Cardiff so back onto the A roads.
one night i stayed in Camarthen… That was a very good night, maybe that,s why i remember
Newcastle Enlyn so well. going home(Stoke on Trent) i went north from NE, that was an eye opener
running across country.you just couldn’t get going it was so twisty and narrow. good ol days
John

We run to a builders merchant there regularily at 44 tonnes mate.
Best way is 484 from Carmarthen keep going out past the end of yhe preserved railway and after a few miles take the B4333 at a left fork. It starts out quite steep but soon gets better and although a bit twisty it’s a much better route than the 484. Believe me I’ve done both.
Watch out for Mansel Davies milk tankers coming towards you as they crack on a bit. When empty if you’re midlands bound straight home empty we always cut straight up to the coast rd from N.E. and go back Aberystwyth then Llanidloes Welshpool et . Good run that way empty.
Good luck mate and enjoy
It’s a lovely part of the world.

Thanx for the replies chaps.
just had a phone call from my mate…he did the drop last week, so will guide me in.apparently they have a bit of a goods in yard further up the road.probably load steel from trostre for the return trip.
Keep me out the way for a bit :sunglasses: :wink:

Now that’s a name from the past.In the 70’s it used to be the base of one of the best road rally’s in the Motoring News road rally championship.The Cilwendig,have spent many a weekend there,not on roads for 44 toners.

Take FLIPs route mate. I used to reload tractors south of west of Newcastle Emlyn off tue main road near the turbines which you would see on the B road he advises you to take. Coming back to Camarthen from there took me about 20 minutes and the sweeping bends that follow the railway and the river are an enjoyable drive. You come into Newcastle Emlyn next to tue dairy on the right hand side. Got a feeling there is a builders merchant there somewhere, don’t know if tuat is the none.

Ok…I’ll go the b4333.
Cheers gents.

I used to run round that way a lot with Cardiff galv. It’s a good road.

Keep an ear out for local road closures on local radio ,. Its rough down here, lots of fallen trees …flooded roads etc…not many places to turn round on tight narrow roads … Good luck