NEWARK TRUCKFEST.

Hi All. just wondered how many of trucknet members will be attending at the weekend.It would be nice to put
faces to names.Hoping to be attending on the saturday myself.My first port of call will be the trucknet stand.If
any of you members are taking trucks please put on this thread,and we can then have some idea who to look for.

im pretty sure there is only a tnet stand at peterborough and none of the other shows

We will be taking some just got to get them home first :frowning:

For the life of me I can never understand a man or woman going to look at trucks when they have to drive the things all week long ?
They could hold a truck show next door and I wouldn’t even look out of the window. I park my truck over the road on friday, get out and walk across to my house and dont even look at the thing till I start work again. I know young kids who think the truck diving life is some great adventure and trucks are great but they will change their minds when they grow up a bit :laughing:
I can’t wait to retire in about 12 years and never have to climb in a cab again.
Trucks are a way to earn money and that all they mean to me.

Pat Hasler:
For the life of me I can never understand a man or woman going to look at trucks when they have to drive the things all week long ?
They could hold a truck show next door and I wouldn’t even look out of the window. I park my truck over the road on friday, get out and walk across to my house and dont even look at the thing till I start work again. I know young kids who think the truck diving life is some great adventure and trucks are great but they will change their minds when they grow up a bit :laughing:
I can’t wait to retire in about 12 years and never have to climb in a cab again.

I know exactly where you are coming from but i do like to look at the old motors,i have no interest in the vehicles around today

Well pat i think you might be in the wrong job sad to say lot of todays drivers ours included have no intrest or pride in there lorry i have been around lorris since i could walk i am almost 70 years of age i still visit most truck shows still work 6 days a week in the faimly business hate to think of the day when i would not be able to get in the cab and drive or visit a truck show still it takes all sorts i suppose

Pat Hasler:

Fair enough, but you are still spending your spare time on Trucknet?

Pat Hasler:

so if you not interested then why are you on here wasting your spare time

mechanic77:

Pat Hasler:

Fair enough, but you are still spending your spare time on Trucknet?

and you can’t argue with that. :grimacing:

i’ve been to truck shows in the past, quite enjoyed them, and may go in the future, suppose its all horses for courses really.
but if i was already thinking i couldn’t wait to retire, and it was over 10 years away, i may think it was time for a career change, or i’d gone into the wrong industry to start with.

See ya there.

I can answer those questions right now !
I am on here because of contacts with old work mates and for other reason like giving advice etc. I never said I didn’t have any pride in my truck, in fact I keep it imaculate (well the company does through blue beacon truck washes). I just wouldn’t go to a show to stare at trucks. My vehicle is spotless inside and out because I live in the damm thing from monday to friday but after 37 years driving the things I would rather have a different job sitting by a desk etc for the same money. Truth is no way on earth could I earn this sort of money doing anything else. I have what is probably one of the easiest and well paid driving jobs in the USA, besides the pay deal I use the trcuk as a comoany car driving two or three hundred miles bob tail every week to come home all paid for by the company, tolls and all.
When i worked in the UK my trucks were always imaculate and even used for displays (if I was paid for them) but even then to go and make a day of looking at trucks in my spare time was a no no.

Hi pat,the only reason i attend these shows is that they bring back so many childhood memmories.Getting up at five
in the morning during school holidays to spend a day with your dad.Its so nice to see vehicles that have been lovingly
restored by dedicated enthusiasts.I like yourself still drive trucks for a living,but the trucks of today dont have the
sentimental value the old ones do.Why do so many people attend air shows perhaps its because they to have fond
memmories of their family conections with the R.A.F.
I like yourself park my truck ,and dont give it another thought untill the next shift.Please appreceate
how lucky we have been to have jobs in the first place,and let the enthusiast enjoy their moment.

nigelhunt:
Hi pat,the only reason i attend these shows is that they bring back so many childhood memmories.Getting up at five
in the morning during school holidays to spend a day with your dad.Its so nice to see vehicles that have been lovingly
restored by dedicated enthusiasts.I like yourself still drive trucks for a living,but the trucks of today dont have the
sentimental value the old ones do.Why do so many people attend air shows perhaps its because they to have fond
memmories of their family conections with the R.A.F.
I like yourself park my truck ,and dont give it another thought untill the next shift.Please appreceate
how lucky we have been to have jobs in the first place,and let the enthusiast enjoy their moment.

well put that man !! :slight_smile:

DITTO. 900X20.