New Improved, Longer & Stronger

I’ve just updated my blog with this weeks exploits.

It’s a varied week and there’s loads of pictures.

Go and have a looky here

Please let me know if you like it.

Nice read that was 8wheels - thanks. :smiley:

Interesting pics too.

I’d love to have a go with some of that kit - even if it was just loading and unloading!! :laughing:

8wheels that was a good read (not had time to read all of it yet mind)…Do you need a special licence to be able to drive them plant vehicles on and off your truck? Anyway mate…it looks like your job is a varied and intersting one :slight_smile:

No as long as you are just loading and unloading them. Operating on site is a different matter.

What you need is common sense, awareness and a bit of nerve. Quite often the actually operators on site will refuse to load or unload. It doesn’t bother me I’ll load anything, but sometimes if you have got several bits of plant to load it speeds it up a bit if someone else helps.

Went and had a look last week and thought it was pretty good wil take another look later :smiley:

nice read that 8wheels…i do the puncture repairs for hewdons round ipswich/colchestor area…I may have seen u about :smiley:
Those cat teles also wont go in gear if the handbrake is on and u have to put it back in neutral then into gear again…
I think the licence issue is a grey area as i move machines around at builders yards and hire centres to find the puncture on plant machines as well…

I passed a Tyrefix Merc on Friday pm at North End near Chelmsford. I wondered if it was you but I’m sure the reg was different.

If it was you, you were looking at your radio anyway.

Did you do Abbey Pynford at Roydon? A little Manitou masted truck with about 3 punctures a week.

8wheels:
I passed a Tyrefix Merc on Friday pm at North End near Chelmsford. I wondered if it was you but I’m sure the reg was different.

If it was you, you were looking at your radio anyway.

Did you do Abbey Pynford at Roydon? A little Manitou masted truck with about 3 punctures a week.

roydon is a fitter from southend…i was at colchester fridaymorning and loddon/wymondham norfolk.in afternoon…nothing new to be looking at my radio…(but i got a indash dvd player :sunglasses:

Nice Blog 8wheels…

I’ve worked for Hewdens at Ashford, Middlesex in the past via Driver Hire and always enjoyed it. Being contracted to Hewdens I was only moving their plant, so never got any really interesting jobs like some of the one’s in your blog.

I haven’t done plant work for a few years now though.

Very interesting as usual!

I’m delivering one of them there 4cx’s on Monday to Harwich. There are several awaiting deivery in the yard, but they certainly aren’t as common as the 3cx’s.

Don’t suppose you’ve been to dealership at Ardleigh Hall nr Colchester have you? Got that on Monday too - it’s a new one on me.

hi, 8 wheels many years ago i remember going with my dad in a 220 atki moving cat d9’s, 360 cat 245’s and he moved cat d8’s every day.

your spoiled with 420 horses,great read on your blog and it brings back lots of memories,get yourself on stgo as i think you have the common sense for the job :wink: :wink:

I enjoyed reading that blog. It is the sort of job I will do when I grow up :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to take tractors down to the sale ground where you went. Cheffins and Grain or something. Bob Grain was the auctioneer and my mate bought and sold tractors and normally sold them through Cheffins.

I also loaded from there and took them to Alexandria in Greece.

My mate owns City Plant in Hull. you may have seen his trucks doing caravans but he also does plant hire and runs a landfill site. He had a D6 which I have played on :smiley:

Nice blog 8 wheels. Added to my favourites will keep checking in :smiley:

Don’t suppose you’ve been to dealership at Ardleigh Hall nr Colchester have you? Got that on Monday too - it’s a new one on me.

It’s gotta be Tuckwells I thought they were only John Deere but there website says they do Jakes as well.

I’ve never been to the dealership but my Dad works opposite at Roalco, I seem to remember him saying there’s a few 7.5t limits around. If you can get there from the A12 the turn you want is the one by the Shell garages just Ipswich side of the Ardleigh Crown. Otherwise the A137 is a bit of a trail out from Colchester, and not any better on towards Harwich. I’d give them a call and see if you can legally use the route from the A12. If you can go that way it’s not far from the Ardleigh Crown where the A120 peels off for Harwich and is a good road all the way (mostly dual)

I’m seeing my Dad tomorrow, I’ll ask if he knows whether it’s an access only or weak bridge. (if I remember)

Yes it is Tuckwells - thanks for that 8wheels - much appreciated :wink:

just read the whole blog and a very interesting read it is to…thanks :sunglasses:

bernie

Grumpy,

I asked my Dad about the limits there is a 7.5t limit for about 200yards on the way from the A12 no weak bridges but the road is a bit twisty nearer to Ardleigh.

The legal way is off the A137 from Ardleigh village.

How you use that information is entirely up to you. :wink:

Top man 8wheels- many thanks :wink:

BLOG, life history? will have to keep till i have a spare hr or so.

nice blog there 8wheels i lov eto read your blogs because its what i want to do when im 18+ :smiley: