Training again, but summat smaller

Anyone know whats involved with FLT training reach/counterbalance and manriser?

My new job (temp-perm via agy) requires it and they pay for it, at least I’ll be able to load my drops in the right order.

Send Smart Mart a PM - I think he is a FLT Trainer :slight_smile:

If you can drive an artic you can drive a forklift.

They are like driving a kiddys toy.
just remember your pivot point is your front wheel and always put your handbrake on before you touch the fork controls. Instant fail if you don’t.

a very easy course and enjoyable. The checks are practically the same as for wagons but with a few variations obviously. A tip for when you do your test just take it slow and careful.

Good luck with it and enjoy it.

If it is anything like my course I had about 10 years ago take loads of money for brews and loads of smokes (if you do smoke)

yeah what you wanna know pal thats what i do right now full time.

Nope Rog afraid i’m not an FLT instructor. I did have a FLT licences and was going to be trained as an instructor at a previous job, but changed jobs instead!

bigcheese:
yeah what you wanna know pal thats what i do right now full time.

That’s what I’m thinking of doing until a driving job comes along.
I’m looking at training with Hargreaves in Bury St Edmunds. I’m gonna phone them Monday for more info cos they ain’t replied to my Email yet. :cry:

…FAILED MISERABLY :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :blush: on my counterbalance (which is the only one I needed to have).

Trainer showed me the controls, let me practice for 20 minutes then started the test, unbeknown to me, I let the guard on the stack dislodge the racking beam above the level I wanted, leaving 1 tonne of radiators teetering precariously! Oh and I shouldn’t have been amongst the racking with a C/B thats why we’ve got reach and manrisers :open_mouth:

To be fair though, the guys doing their reach, had 2 hours when it should have been a day and 1/2, they expressed concern at not being taught all they needed to know.

The training chap [zb]ed off down the M1 before 1pm.

Needless to say the training Co won’t be getting paid.

That doesn’t sound like any kind of training at all. When I did my FLT there was a considerable amount of theory before being let anywhere near a FLT and then the practical training was three days with test at the end.

No wonder you failed and not surprising the guy won’t be paid.

I thought something was wrong when he went thru the theory test with us and gave us the answers as we were doing them, not sure if thats standard practice but it completely undermines the need for training in the first place!

MADBAZ:
I thought something was wrong when he went thru the theory test with us and gave us the answers as we were doing them, not sure if thats standard practice but it completely undermines the need for training in the first place!

Did he have a horse and a very big brimmed hat :question:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Reminds me of the time I sat my C/B fork lift test a couple of years ago.
The other guy doing it at the same time had been bevvying until the early hours after watching his footy team win.
Came in to do his test and he was totally bladdered. :open_mouth:
He nearly knocked over the racking system, then when he reversed back through chicane to the start he couldn’t stop and nearly went through the neighbouring properties fence. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
He still passed. :confused: :confused: :confused: