Need advice.....

Hello everyone, i am looking to work for an agency as a van driver and hopefully they will put me through my Class C.

Can you nice people give me any advice which will assist me with proving that i am worth spending the time and money on.

please help as i cant afford to pay for it myself and this is the only way i can get it.

stick in your present job but go to every local firm and offer to be a yard bloke on Saturday for free just to get feel of the size of trucks…they may take you on as van / 7.5 driver

thanks for the idea mate, but i passed my car test in 1998 so i can only drive upto a 3.5T van. :frowning:

just one thing i am thinking of just to get me experience is (as there are loads of farms in cornwall) that i could visit some farms and ask if they would like to have some free labour one day a week and in return i could get some tractor driving experience as they tow trailers…that may assist me when i (hopefully) get to do my Class C driver training and test.

only thing is i dont know what sort of a response i would get as its not like visiting a haulier.

any advice for or against this is greatly received.

HI FIRST OF ALL BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR QUEST THE ONLY WAY TO FIND OUT IS TO COLD CALL GO KNOCK DOORS THERE IS SURE TO BE ONE WHO WILL LIKE THE FACT THAT YOU SHOWED UP IN PERSON ALLSO THE YARDMAN IDEA IS A GOOD ONE AS YOU DONT NEED A LICENCE TO DRIVE OFF ROAD I USED TO SHUNT ROUND THE YARD ON A SATERDAY .
AGAIN BEST OF LUCK MATE. BILL

billy boy:
HI FIRST OF ALL BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR QUEST THE ONLY WAY TO FIND OUT IS TO COLD CALL GO KNOCK DOORS THERE IS SURE TO BE ONE WHO WILL LIKE THE FACT THAT YOU SHOWED UP IN PERSON ALLSO THE YARDMAN IDEA IS A GOOD ONE AS YOU DONT NEED A LICENCE TO DRIVE OFF ROAD I USED TO SHUNT ROUND THE YARD ON A SATERDAY .
AGAIN BEST OF LUCK MATE. BILL

Shhhhh! it’s first thing on a sunday morning, theres hangovers about! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: (Leaving your cap locks on usually means you are shouting. :wink: )
Welcome to Trucknet billy boy. :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

lol @ ladytrucker… DOES UR HEAD HURT HEHE

thanks for the tip bikky boy and welcome to TNUK