N I P

**** 40 in a 30 again
leaving a village thought it was a 40 rural area
second time in 12 months ************************

:blush:

and i dont habitually speed
take care everyone

BAd luck mate, maybe it would be worth investing in a Snooper , its saved me many a time in unfamilar areas, warns of everything from gatso, specs, risk areas, you can pick one up from ebay for £50 / £60.

Well worth the money!!

not having a dig hitch, commiserations to you.
but please tell me you don’t means twice in a year in the same village with the same camera

Maybe a highway code…it’s cheaper.
There are always speed limit signs telling you when the speed changes to a different limit.

Repeater signs every 1000 metres or so on a 40/50 limit…There should be 2 limit signs one on each side of the road when the limit changes. Evenly spaced lamposts with no speed limit signs 30, unless static or mobile cameras present. Static must have a 30 sign with camera image. Mobile should have just the image.

Most villages are 30 now due to amount of rtc in these vunerable places

Very easy to get caught out by distraction or not looking for them or blatantly driving above the prescribed limit.

However at this time of year some signs are hidden by foilage and if they are and you get caught then get the camera out. We have some around here and you cannot see the change of limit till you are virtually under them

hitch:
and i dont habitually speed

Yeah Yeah :unamused: thats what they all say. :stuck_out_tongue:

If there’s street lights and no repeater speed limit signs…then it’s a 30mph limit. Basic, elementary stuff every driver should know.

We all have the odd lapse in concentration…yours just cost you another 60 quid and 3 points! :open_mouth: :unamused:

Shrek:
If there’s street lights and no repeater speed limit signs…then it’s a 30mph limit. Basic, elementary stuff every driver should know.

I was told that when I learnt to drive a car :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:
I dont want to go drawing the ‘Professional’ card or anything :wink:

bikemonkey:
I was told that when I learnt to drive a car :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Exactly my point! No offence to Hitch, but … JESUS DUDE!!! WTF? :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

different village different county
just didnt notice sign

hitch:
different village different county
just didnt notice sign

thank god for that, i can put the laughing smilie away.
nah sod it, again comisserations :laughing: :laughing:

I was once told a quick guide to check the speed limit, when going through a built up area and you’re not sure if it’s 30 or 40, have a glance down a side road. if there is a 30 mph speed limit sign then you’ll be on a 40 road, if not treat it as a 30.

mmmmmmmmm
my old neighbour got nipped by a camera the other week
Wawickshire offered a speed aware course 60 quid no points
i have read the form and Bedfordshire dont offer said course

so i will have to throw myself at their mercy :laughing:

am having a tough time at moment but as they say
â– â– â– â–  appens

at least i have got some work to end week

will be soon back in old house