mystery trucks

Can any one help with the length of the Thompson auto tanker as I’m having a 3D model made but the chap doing it needs to know the length of the real thing to scale it down thank you

It was built on an Octopus chassis, at the time the Octopus overall lengths were; 25ft 9ins, 29ft 8ins and 35ft 9ins. I would think the 29ft 8in length would be the one chosen, it had a wheelbase of 20ft 9ins. Franky.

I keep seeing a Turkish lorry with a Ford badge on the front in Bradford , it looks modern but i thought Iveco took over Ford commercials

ramone:
I keep seeing a Turkish lorry with a Ford badge on the front in Bradford , it looks modern but i thought Iveco took over Ford commercials

This one ramone?, credit to Richard Says for the photo.
Info business-review.eu/business/the … key-200965
Oily

Ford General Richard 47752244192_40657425ef_k.jpg

Modern and unusual style, good looking, but I haven’t yet seen them on French motorways, even with Romanian plates.

Have seen quite a few here in Portugal.

David

Hey,

Last month they have introduced them in Belgium, and lots are already sold, and already about 10 dealers.
Think most will try one becauce they are a lot cheaper as EU brands.

Eric,

ramone:

Yes they did, but not the Turkish part of Ford.
As BMC an english brand but the Turkish part of them still exists, and now it is a Turkish brand.

Eric,

2 February 2016
Hamilton Road
Taunton
Somerset
Eng

MX55 NWS and KP54 AZV
A pair of Turkish built BMC school buses in use with First Bus
and

15 August 2016.
The Leggar
Bridgwater
Somerset
Eng

A Turkish built and registered Ford Cargo, operated by BKM a large Turkish haulage concern.

020216.JPG

Froggy55:
Modern and unusual style, good looking, but I haven’t yet seen them on French motorways, even with Romanian plates.

Is there something Iveco Stralis about the cab or are my eyes going?

pyewacket947v:
2 February 2016
MX55 NWS and KP54 AZV

Any idea what the platform was? Seems odd to import RHD buses from Turkey.

pyewacket947v:
2 February 2016
Hamilton Road
Taunton
Somerset
Eng

MX55 NWS and KP54 AZV
and

15 August 2016.
The Leggar
Bridgwater
Somerset
Eng

Turkish-buit schoolbuses are quite common here in France. Two manufacturers to my knowledge: Temsa and Otokar.

oiltreader:

ramone:

This one ramone?, credit to Richard Says for the photo.
Info business-review.eu/business/the … key-200965
Oily

Nice one Oily , i think that’s similar to what i’ve seen i will try and get a photo next time i see it

ParkRoyal2100:

pyewacket947v:
2 February 2016
MX55 NWS and KP54 AZV

Any idea what the platform was? Seems odd to import RHD buses from Turkey.

The chassis is Turkish built BMC. A name still in use in Turkey.
A truck import a few years ago was a BMC Professional,sold with a ERF badge. Last one I saw was a skip loader in Weston-super-Mare!

Please react if you have a clue on the marque/type of truck…according to the registration it must be from before 1932

Thank you in advance for your input and ideas to narrow to the could-be-truck

Badge and nameplate in close-up. Can anyone read that?

Thank you for the close-up…the first harvest is American…Republic (but then the radiator has another form) and so on

At least the chassis is registrated before 1932 as by then another system with 123 and ABC came in…and bear in mind that
few marques were active in Holland, still being hopeful that the combination of ‘signs’ and ‘forms’ will bring us to something

ERF-Continental:
Please react if you have a clue on the marque/type of truck…according to the registration it must be from before 1932

Thank you in advance for your input and ideas to narrow to the could-be-truck

Never mind the make,that front tyre looks to be as bald as a coot!

David

I’ll go for a French Delahaye, tho’ mainly cars they also built small trucks.
Oily

oiltreader:
I’ll go for a French Delahaye, tho’ mainly cars they also built small trucks.
Oily

Cannot find a Rebuplic.Delahaye or a Delarge in that script.