mystery trucks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_d … ted_States

Not Delahaye:
google.fr/search?q=embl%C3% … 1287&dpr=1

In those times, there were plenty of car/van manufacturers and, apart from some American brands, only british-built vehicles were available. It is LHD and the round holes in the front wheel look American.

Studebaker?

flickr.com/photos/42220226@N07/32975122415

@star down under…and other particpants…I guess we are very close now…as the emblem on the radiator has
at least a spot on feeling…an “S” with a band-stripe crossing…also the form of the radiator (downwards) has
many confirming details…

Thank you and perhaps some details on the Dutch-importer, type etc come in the daylight!

Thank you all!

Studebaker-FD-1929-1.jpg

Star down under.:
Studebaker?

flickr.com/photos/42220226@N07/32975122415

I would go with that.!!

I found this:
twitter.com/time_nw/status/1216282751160279045

The script on the advert matches that on the grille of the mystery vehicle. They were assembled in London- is it too much to assume, that the Dutch imported them from that factory? There are lots of 1920s Studebaker pics online, as one might imagine, but not many with that script on the grille. I wonder if the script was unique to British-assembled vehicles?

Too many letters in Studebaker, there is only about seven or eight on the one on the photo and looks to be an L, P or R to start the name. Unfortunately its just not clear enough even after resizing and adjusting contrast etc to make anything out that makes any sense. Many vehicle makers around the 30’s didn’t last up to and after WWII the Great Depression had a lot to do with companies going bust. Franky.

Frankydobo:
Too many letters in Studebaker, there is only about seven or eight on the one on the photo and looks to be an L, P or R to start the name. Unfortunately its just not clear enough even after resizing and adjusting contrast etc to make anything out that makes any sense. Many vehicle makers around the 30’s didn’t last up to and after WWII the Great Depression had a lot to do with companies going bust. Franky.

I think you’re right Franky:

I’ve done a bit of a search on the interweb and most of the leads turn out to be dead-ends. One thing that does stick with me is the Ford Model AA, which this resembles and of which many were knocking about at the time. I’m wondering if some (Dutch? German? French? Belgian?) company made the AA under licence and stuck a different badge on it.

ERF-Continental:
Please react if you have a clue on the marque/type of truck…according to the registration it must be from before 1932

Thank you in advance for your input and ideas to narrow to the could-be-truck

Where was the rego plate issued?

The region was South-Holland, a place called “Berkel” some 5 miles above Rotterdam.

Owner is known and still existing : v.d. IJssel Transport.

Understandably the recent family has/had no clue on what was in the family-album.

The emblem probably was damaged…(enamel?) and that with an unclear picture is difficult
but the votes point frequently towards Studebaker.

Thank you all! Nice weekend

My Delahaye well and truly out of the reckoning and from this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_r … etherlands pins it down to what ERF-Continental has already posted H for South Holland.
Oily

oiltreader:
My Delahaye well and truly out of the reckoning and from this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_r … etherlands pins it down to what ERF-Continental has already posted H for South Holland.
Oily

Thanks for the links which should certainly be useful to me. So, if I understand properly, that little truck is registered in Holland, which gives a wider panel of possible manufacturers.