My Mate Told Me

Any new ones youve heard lately? Heres two i`ve chuckled at just lately…

1. Its illegal to drive in Germany without front foglights
  2. Its illegal to weekend in a highline scania
    Any more?

JB:
Any new ones youve heard lately? Heres two i`ve chuckled at just lately…

1. Its illegal to weekend in a highline scania
    Any more?

Looks like a new version of the you must have a high cab if you spend more than x number of nights out per week. :smiley:

I’ve heard both of those recently but number 2is based on fact although the type and size of truck is irrelevant but length of rest is.

It depends on how long your weekend rest will be as the regulations actually only allow for a reduced weekly rest to be taken in a cab so if you are going to be parked for more than 44 hours and 59 minutes then number 2 isn’t so far from the truth.

REGULATION (EC) No 561/2006 Article 6,Section 8. Where a driver chooses to do this, daily rest periods and reduced weekly rest periods away from base may be taken in a vehicle, as long as it has suitable sleeping facilities for each driver and the vehicle is stationary.

Daily and reduced weekly rest periods so not full weekly rest periods. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

REGULATION (EC) No 561/2006 Article 6,Section 8. Where a driver chooses to do this, daily rest periods and reduced weekly rest periods away from base may be taken in a vehicle, as long as it has suitable sleeping facilities for each driver and the vehicle is stationary.

So either I can’t have a full weekend away or I have to stay in a hotel or other accommodation, but not in my truck then?

jimti:

Coffeeholic:

So either I can’t have a full weekend away or I have to stay in a hotel or other accommodation, but not in my truck then?

Strictly according to the regulations that is correct.

jimti:

Coffeeholic:

Err? How does"may be taken in a vehicle" preclude breaks being taken in a vehicle :question:

Dunno then?:

jimti:

Coffeeholic:

Err? How does"may be taken in a vehicle" preclude breaks being taken in a vehicle :question:

Because it says “daily” and “reduced” may be taken in vehicle, it DOESN’T say full weekly break :unamused:

Dunno then?:

jimti:

Coffeeholic:

because it specifies a particular type of rest period, that is reduced rest, but it doesn’t specify a normal rest period or just say weekly rest periods. Therefore it can be assumed that a normal rest period shouldn’t be taken in the cab.

muckles:

Dunno then?:

jimti:

Coffeeholic:

because it specifies a particular type of rest period, that is reduced rest, but it doesn’t specify a normal rest period or just say weekly rest periods. Therefore it can be assumed that a normal rest period shouldn’t be taken in the cab.

We did mention this on the original thread but notice, there is only mention of “suitable sleeping facilities” where the ferry and train derogation of 561/2006 stipulate “bunk or couchette.”

I doubt we are going to see the Krauts kicking us out of our own bed and booking us into a Zimmer or Gasthof anytime soon though.

My mate told me there was a driver shortage and you can earn 58k a year

its illeagle to do four nights out in a p registered truck like I do

The 2 I have heard recently

It is illegal to do a night out in a truck without a working night heater

You can only a 10 hour shift in a day cab

Both of these are complete tosh

Dunno then?:

jimti:

Coffeeholic:

Breaks can be taken in a vehicle but this is about being weekended and taking rest periods in a vehicle and according to the regulations only daily and reduced weekly rest periods may be taken in a vehicle. Therefore full weekly rest periods may not be taken not in the vehicle. There will have been thousands of drivers doing just that this weekend across Europe, and every week end so I don’t think this will be enforced.

Unless someone mentions it on the internet and the French, Belgians and Spanish cotton on to the revenue earning opportunities. Oops! :blush: :blush: :wink:

I heard that the forthcoming road user charge the foreigners will have to pay to drive in the UK won’t cost us anything :open_mouth:

joedwyer1:

Its also illegal to mis-spell illegal! The way you spell it sounds like an off colour bird of prey. :smiley:

Dunno then?:

joedwyer1:

Its also illegal to mis-spell illegal! The way you spell it sounds like an off colour bird of prey. :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dunno then?:

joedwyer1:

what ever you muppet im a fromer plumber now a lorry driver ive got four gcses not one of them is english actually I have a grade c in French what does that tell you. don’t need shakespearen english to be a member on ere can speak order a meal pull a burd and go throu lyfe withat spellin properli ive erd it all b4 about spellin an don’t kare so don pull mi up un it ak! :smiley:

joedwyer1:
what ever you muppet im a fromer plumber now a lorry driver ive got four gcses not one of them is english actually I have a grade c in French what does that tell you. don’t need shakespearen english to be a member on ere can speak order a meal pull a burd and go throu lyfe withat spellin properli ive erd it all b4 about spellin an don’t kare so don pull mi up un it ak! :smiley:

For the benefit of those unable to translate that into readable English (no offence intended Joe, I guess its really not your fault if you chose not to pay attention at school) I think he meant:

Whatever you muppet. I’m a former plumber, now a lorry driver. I’ve got four GCSEs but not one of them is in English. Actually I have a grade C in French, what does that tell you? Don’t need Shakespearean English to be a member on here. Can speak, order a meal, pull a bird and go through life without spelling properly. I’ve heard it all before about spelling and don’t care, so don’t pull me up on it ok!

Although I believe you may have been extracting the urine a little there Joe. :wink:

Driveroneuk:

joedwyer1:

For the benefit of those unable to translate that into readable English (no offence intended Joe, I guess its really not your fault if you chose not to pay attention at school) I think he meant:

Whatever you muppet. I’m a former plumber, now a lorry driver. I’ve got four GCSEs but not one of them is in English. Actually I have a grade C in French, what does that tell you? Don’t need Shakespearean English to be a member on here. Can speak, order a meal, pull a bird and go through life without spelling properly. I’ve heard it all before about spelling and don’t care, so don’t pull me up on it ok!

Although I believe you may have been extracting the urine a little there Joe. :wink:
[/quote]

He was :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Did 7 hours in the classroom last week to put towards CPC and the guy in charge told us the following.

Couple of weeks ago VOSA pulled a truck and asked the driver to step on some scales. The driver weighed in at 27 stone and the company that ran the truck got a fine because his weight exceeded the SWL of the driver’s seat!!

I was very polite when I told him that I thought that was a ridiculous story. However maybe someone on here will back it up?

tezza:
Did 7 hours in the classroom last week to put towards CPC and the guy in charge told us the following.

Couple of weeks ago VOSA pulled a truck and asked the driver to step on some scales. The driver weighed in at 27 stone and the company that ran the truck got a fine because his weight exceeded the SWL of the driver’s seat!!

I was very polite when I told him that I thought that was a ridiculous story. However maybe someone on here will back it up?

Stranger than fiction :laughing:

menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening … ight_limit