Major argument to settle

Simple question -
Is it legal to take a weekly rest period of 45 hours in a truck,

I know its ok for a reduced rest period, e.g. 24 hours or more but what about a 45

There seems to be a lot of differing opinions with this one, after asking a lot of people I cant seem to get a definite answer, some vosa say yes, some say no, same goes for different police I have asked on the continent.

Your opinion please… and any reference material would be a great help.

Cheers,
J

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94482

If your reg plate has RO BG PL SK LV LT etc, then that has to be a positive YES !!!
Just take a trundle down to Thurrock services, the place is full of them and they are definately not on a 45 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
The lay-bye at Snodland, just off jnc4 of the M20 in Kent, has at least a dozen in there at weekends, arriving Friday/Saturday and leaving Sunday/Monday (45 hours later)
Nordfrost, Skat, to name just a couple.
So I would say yes it is OK

the simple answer is NO, most countries look the other way, but the legislation is there to prosecute, and recently Belgium and France are implementing the rules as they were made, with fines for drivers, and bigger fines for operators.

1. It is difficult to prove that a driver did in fact take a 45 in his truck( there are stories of police checking how long a vehicle has been there for ) so driver must get a hotel or actually prove he was somewhere else)

2. In Belgium, they dont even want the vehicles on their soil for a 45, even if the driver spent his whole weekend /45 in a hotel.

keepyourlicence.net/news/66- … -expensive