My First Diary!

Hi everyone. This is my first diary and possibly my last after pestering my son into helping me get the pictures on :blush:
Anyway, let me know what you think and if feedback is relatively good I may do another diary :open_mouth:

Here goes:
Monday 4/07 05.30. Load at Guardian factory Goole with glass for Altrincham

Guardian Glass Factory

Tipped at Altrincham then back to Goole to reload for Wolverhampton

A view that we all know, southbound towards Tibshelf services

Unloading glass on frame from trailer

Customer unloading glass from frame

Tuesday 5/07

07.30 start, no trailers available told to go home and come back at 4pm to load for Ireland :smiley:
Arrived back at factory at 4pm; trailer that I was to use had been dropped with locking pins removed which meant that head had dropped so couldn’t get unit under it :imp: Had to wait 40 mins for fitter so will now have to rush for Liverpool to Dublin boat :angry:

Dropped trailer

Managed to get to Liverpool docks for 8pm after been held up on M60 due to Coldplay concert at Reebok stadium.

P&O Norbay my berth for the night. Some of you may remember this ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge crossing.

Wednesday
Been followed into Dublin by Stena ferry from Holyhead 4.45am

Off ferry at 5.30am and onto drop at Eglinton near Londonderry, NI.
Dublin dock

M1Northbound toll booths, 5.20 euros each way

River Boyne bridge again M1N

Rush hour in Ireland driving through Mourne Mountains

Customers premises at Eglinton. Tight doorway on top of slope, not made any easier by stacks of finished glass just inside door so had to go in at slight angle

View of Londonderry after tipping on way back on N2

Statues at Strabane which look like they are made of reeds and stand about 15 ft high

Driving through Castleblayney (I think as I forgot to write down details :blush: )

Line painting truck. Got that sinking feeling. Oh dear!!

Looking over Dublin Bay

P&O Cruise liner Aurora. Wish I was on that :sunglasses:

Tinnelly unit parked on Dublin docks. Is it anyone on here?

Boarded ferry Norbank to Liverpool at 8pm.
Following Pilkington glass truck onto ferry

Driving up onto top deck

Thursday.

Windy hill eastbound

Square wheeled at top of Brighouse bank. Why is it like this every morning and when you get to J27 the traffice has all disappeared :confused:

Reloaded at Goole for Thurnscoe near Barnsley.
Another nice big yard to turn around in. Not!!

Tipped, back to Goole for friday tip at Rutherglen

Stainmore cafe of A66 which must have best view of any truckstop anywhere.

Parked at Lesmahagow truckstop for the night. Busy place but meals are nice and big :smiley:

Friday
Left Lesmahagow at 06.15, tipped at Rutherglen and was back on road back at 9am :slight_smile: Back to Goole and finish for 4.30pm.
Sorry couldn’t take any pictures of Glasgow for Kitkat as battery on camera had run out.
The weekly total for working was 52.25hrs; driving was 36.75hrs and total POA to be deducted from total work was 22hrs :open_mouth:

Anyway, I hope that you liked this first attempt at a diary. It makes me realise what is involved when you read Rob K’s or Coffee’s diaries, I thought that it would be easy, but having to note down all the details as you are travelling so you don’t forget anything is a pain. Also, when you travel down roads regularly it is difficult to find something that may be interesting to others as you become
accustomed to the routes.

good read pics a bit big but def good read keep em comin

Good diary and pics.
Enjoyed seeing Ireland as ive never been there but always wanted to.

Keep them coming :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

Nice one!! Pics resize please??!! :wink: :wink:

Good diary, nice photo’s please post again. :laughing:

Excellent diary mate well thought out and nice pictures of the ferries which is an unusual sight in our trucking haven!!

Thanks

well done penfold cracking diary short and sweet and to the point excellent pics but they do need resizing the 600’s use this one…

bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm##

download the pixresizer. and make them 600’s
pm me if you want help.

Is this Robk been caught on camera on the other side :question:

Penfold,Funny you should place a pic of your truck up here.I passed one of your truck’s and what grabbed my attention was the letter’s L.I.F.T. I have never seen it b4 and thought i’d ask the question on here,but with the weather being so good and the garden needing sorted i forgot. :blush: I’m sure it was on the M8 but can’t say for defo if it was. :confused: :confused: :confused:

:open_mouth:

Is that RobK on the other side

Not unless he’s now driving the new type Volvo FM Globe. :wink: :slight_smile:

good pics, good report.

Like the cones round the line painting truck,over here they would have shut road for 4 hours!

Reminds me of when i used to erect street lights,and this irish bloke came to work for the company.

The sent him out to Elland bypass in the hoist to replace the lamps (light bulbs)and clean the shades.

As he was driving up the bypass they is a footbridge and the plonker forgot to put the hoist or MEWP back down,the had disabled the switch(for anyone in the know).and hit the bridge knocking the hoist of the back of the truck!

He rang the gaffer and told him,
“i have some good news and some bad news”
The gaffer said “what’s the bad news”

“i have hit the bridge on Elland bypass and knocked the hoist off the truck”

Gaffer “oh ■■■■,what’s the good news”

“it’s okay i have coned it off”!!!

:smiley: Great pics and read. Please do more!
And about those pics :arrow_right: Yeah, and you’ve remembered sweet ■■■■ all about how to do it :exclamation: :smiling_imp:
Will soon be time to pester your son again. :laughing:

DAFMAD:
:shock:

Is that RobK on the other side

Not unless he’s now driving the new type Volvo FM Globe. :wink: :slight_smile:

You are correct mate,i need to see optician :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Excellent diary and pics penfold :smiley:

But could that be dave the castle cement blokes ERF on the nearside lane?

next to the globby?

Excellent and enjoying read and see your photos diary, it is good, keep coming for other trip diary! :smiley:

Cheers
Ben

Good diary penfold, you did’nt see ianyng cleaning the decks on Aorora did you :laughing: :laughing: how long did it take you, takes me about 2 hours, another please

you did’nt see ianyng cleaning the decks on Aorora did you

He must have been up on the Captain’s deck helping out. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the Diary and the pics Penfold,great job.
regards derek

Excellent read :slight_smile: :slight_smile: and pics :slight_smile: :slight_smile: but :frowning: you need to resize them to 640x480 to fit on the screen :smiley: .

Like others have said, well thought out pics and I was pleased to see some of Ireland (never been) and also of and from the ferries :slight_smile: .

That ramp to the top deck looks bloody steep :open_mouth: .

Well worth putting together and I look forad to next weeks :slight_smile: .

That ramp to the top deck looks bloody steep

You might have to get used to that Rob if your Euro job comes off and you use Norfolk line, you have about 1" either side. Its worse coming down though especially if at full weight.

One if the loadies that watch you reverse around the top deck on the Norfolk line boat did tell me that you used to have to reverse down the ramp, i have no idea if this is true or not but just thankful i didn’t have too.