Second Diary

Many thanks for the positive feedback, I am touched, hell I must be to be doing another diary. :unamused: Yes, Jacqueline I had to get my son to help me again in resizing the pics (how sad am I :blush: ) so hopefully everything should be ok this time :slight_smile: . Thanks also to Jessica’s Dad for the link.
Anyway, here goes.

This week was only a short one as I had monday,tuesday and wednesday on holiday, great weather but sunburned to hell :open_mouth:

Started thursday at 6.30 and loaded at glass factory and set off to catch the 14.30 Stena Holyhead to Dublin ferry as I was tipping at a customer in Glin, a small village about 20 miles west of Limerick on the N69.

Going down the M62 on limiter when this tanker flew past, must’ve been on a mission!

Heading west along A55 passing Conwy

The dock at Holyhead with view of Irish Ferries boat on left and Stena on right.

Boarding ferry. This one is better than Liverpool/Dublin boat as it is a proper roll on/roll off ferry in that you drive on and off in the same direction, there is no turning around on deck or reversing on as on other ferry. A lot better :slight_smile: Plus the grub is better, I always have the rib eye steak, beautiful.

The crossing only takes 4 hours and this is driving alond River Liffey in Dublin.

Crossing River Liffey.

Stopped in layby of sorts opposite this pub, The Yellow Bridge, on N7 past Nenagh near Silvermines. Lovely pint of Guiness.

Road leading to customer, nice country lane.

Tipping in their yard, the cages and stillages didn’t help matters.

View from way in :unamused: Very tight getting out.

On road heading back after tipping running alonside River Shannon.

View of Foyne harbour on River Shannon.

Here we go again, stuck behind a tractor. No place to overtake for 2 miles :angry:

Great fuel garages in Southern Ireland, hark back to the 60’s in this country.

Widening the N7 near Naas on way back to Dublin.

What a lovely sight! The Guiness brewery in Dublin :slight_smile:

Through the busy traffic on way back to dock this thing came on the inside of me. It was an amphibious vehicle with a load of schoolkids on going for a sightseeing trip :unamused:

Hope that you like this lot. When I do the next one I intend to try and get more pics of trucks for you or else the diary is going to end up like a collection of holidaysnaps…

Nice pics :wink: :slight_smile:

Great diary, Penfold, and some nice pics! :smiley:

Good diary and pics, like seeing Ireland. Your next diary sounds good :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

Agreed. Excellent :slight_smile: . I like pics :sunglasses: .

Great diary and pic’s penfold :smiley:

Good read and pics.

Keep them coming.

Personally i prefer these sort of pics,i see trucks every day!

:slight_smile: I was going to say exactly the same, Brit Mark ! :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks, Penfold.

penfold:
Through the busy traffic on way back to dock this thing came on the inside of me. It was an amphibious vehicle with a load of schoolkids on going for a sightseeing trip :unamused:

And an eejit on a bike tagging along behind for the free ride :open_mouth: :open_mouth: quote]

Very interesting diary and pics Penfold. Keep 'em coming

Nice diary m8,and nice pics of Ireland.Keep it up. :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: Again great stuff. Can’t tire of snaps. Even if you included a pic of one of ya hairy armpits, i’d still be wanting to know :arrow_right: “Which armpit is it?”

jacqueline:
Even if you included a pic of one of ya hairy armpits, i’d still be wanting to know :arrow_right: “Which armpit is it?”

Great Post and photos too

thanks for the diary and the pics of Ireland.
regards derek

Yes a good read andalso great pictures keep the posts comeingplease

good one penfold great pics. :wink:

Good read and great piccys again!

Can’t wait for next weeks?? :wink:

:question: Must be dificult to stop the Traffic to take that Pictures :question:
I had most Ferries bedween Wales,England and Ireland and i prefere Pool-Dublin as i get full rest and free Meals,as well as no Tourists on Board,which is in Times of Terrorists important to my

Don’t change a thing Penfold, nice mix, the shots of Ireland bring back happy memories.

Salut, David.

Nice one again penfold, the pics in both your diaries make me feel it is about time I made a trip back to Ireland again.