My day out in the forest.with pics

Hey just thought i’d let you know how my day with my mate in his truck went on Good Friday. Woke up at 3am for a 4am start, headed out from Wakefield with 28tonne of logs to Fox’s timber near Preston, arrived about 6am roads very quiet and a bit foggy too. Yard opens at 7am, we were tipped and reloaded with pit props by 7.35am, i was surprised how fast.

Headed back towards Wakefield to drop the pit props at a local private coal mine near Barnsley, then had a rest again back at the yard before having a short run up to Partingtons estate just off the M1 at North Leeds, loaded up another 28tonne ready to take down to Ollerton on Tuesday morning, back at the yard for approx 2pm, then it was my turn to have a few goes at reversing, which was fun lol… :laughing: But all in all i didn’t do too bad, really enjoyed a varied day out and as you can see the weather was ace again.

Enjoy the pics.

good pics, hope you enjoyed your day out

Nice pics, no headboard at all, wouldnt want to do a big full stop in that! Have heard of logging waggons in the past having logs slide forward through the cab.

Great pic’s :sunglasses:

Hey, great pics, hope you enjoyed it and it hasnt put you off.

KingMonkey80:
Hey, great pics, hope you enjoyed it and it hasnt put you off.

NO IT AINT PUT ME OFF AT ALL LOL, SOZ I COULDNT CHAT LAST NIGHT MY WIRELESS KEYBOARD WAS PLAYING UP AGAIN SO I PUNCHED IT TO BITS LOL THEN COULDNT TYPE AT ALL. :blush: