My assessment drive

hello all, if you want to know how my assessment went read on…

ok right well i made sure i was where i was told to meet instructor early so i didn’t miss him, after waiting round for instructor till 12:45 (my assessment was at 12:30) i call the company and they say he’s round the corner…i run’s round, we say hi, i get in drivers seat and he say’s it’ll be a quick assessment due to limited time now. He show’s me the control’s (the truck is a Volvo FL6 I believe) which includes a 4 over 4 box. Tells me to pull off in 3 low which i do…pulling out of car park i brake but nothing happens so i press harder and instructor fly’s forward. We basically go round the block which took about 10 minutes. At the end the instructor said i need 5-6 days training as when he asked me to slow down he got no response (although i responded with the brake it didn’t do anything so i’d push on it a bit more and finally it would stop us with a jerk, it seemed all or nothing with that brake). OH AND I HIT 2 BLOOMING KERBS!
so there you go, feel free to give advice and all feedback good or bad is welcome.
I ENJOYED THE DRIVE EVEN IF THE INSTRUCTOR DIDN’T. PMSL
Ps sorry for putting u all to sleep lol.

Hmmmm…
I reckon you should still have had your full time for assesment even if you were late.
The fact that you were waiting where told is their fault not yours - hope they do free assesments at that school and not charge for them.

hello, i didn’t have to pay for my assessment coz i booked the training, can’t wait to get more than 10mins it the truck so i can get used to it.

the instructor said i need 5-6 days training

If you have paid a fixed sum for training then the more the better.

8wheels:

the instructor said i need 5-6 days training

If you have paid a fixed sum for training then the more the better.

alright mate, i’m getting my training funded for me so its not costing me anything, the way i’m looking at it is the more day’s i need the earlier my training starts and the more practice i’ll get.