Finally got my assessment drive

i know this probably seems minor to most people but…
got my assessment drive this saturday. finally feels like im getting somewhere. always wanted to do a driving job but since actually setting out to do it the process has seemed to take forever. waiting for medical. waiting for provisional to come back do mod 1a and b etc !!! finally going to sit in a truck :laughing: :laughing: watch me absoutely hate it and give up on a driving career :laughing: :laughing:

Nice one mate hope all goes well.

What are you training for mate class 2 and class 1? honestly mate you will bloody love it!

I am assuming its a class 2 drive? I remember the turtles head making an appearance on mine.

It soon goes back into the arse shell. I am sure you will enjoy the drive, Drive.

It’s best to have at least 2 assessment drives. Satisfy yourself that the truck drives properly. Even with no experience, you’ll know if the gears select easily and if the brakes and steering do what they’re meant to do! Sadly, in a totally unregulated industry, there’s no real incentive for some poor quality trainers to run equally poor vehicles.

Don’t book anything until you’re 100% happy with what you’re getting.

You could really embarrass them and ask for the blue instructor badge - - not many have even got that!!

To make life a bit easier, you could train on automatic. You’ll still get the full manual truck licence (assuming you already hold a manual car licence) and it makes the training process a bit more straightforward.

This is a list of DVSA LGV Accredited Training Centres which you might like to look at. dft.gov.uk/fyn/lgv.php There are good trainers who are not on the list. But you can be sure that the ones on the list have jumped many hoops to achieve it.

All the best with it. Enjoy!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I am sure you will be in good hands, just enjoy the experience.

Paul :smiley:

ash 001:
What are you training for mate class 2 and class 1? honestly mate you will bloody love it!

Ash mate, that’s got to be worthy of a SLAP!!! :grimacing:

Best of luck BigRob, hope it goes well! :smiley:
And you can reach the pedals… :wink:

Evil8Beezle:

ash 001:

■■■■, you caught me out! I can’t even sneak a post in without grammar, without you realising! ■■■■ :stuck_out_tongue:

ash 001:

Evil8Beezle:

ash 001:

■■■■, you caught me out! I can’t even sneak a post in without grammar, without you realising! ■■■■ :stuck_out_tongue:

Not grammar mate, It’s the fact you were asking if it was Class 1 or 2 when the OP is also talking about needing a medical & provisional…

Evil8Beezle:

ash 001:

Evil8Beezle:

ash 001:

Not grammar mate, It’s the fact you were asking if it was Class 1 or 2 when the OP is also talking about needing a medical & provisional…

Hmmmm shhh you :stuck_out_tongue: It could be for a bus licence or C1 :wink: couldn’t it hehe

Evil8Beezle:

ash 001:

Evil8Beezle:

ash 001:

Hmmmm shhh you :stuck_out_tongue: It could be for a bus licence or C1 :wink: couldn’t it hehe

thanks for the replies guys ! :laughing: its for class 2 and im really looking forward to it