Moving from Class 2 to C+E

royal mail are not a bad outfit for new drivers but some of the sites are very tight and very busy we have all been new drivers so if you need help just ask as for reversing take it slow that gives you time to make adjustments and i bet within 2-3weeks your be reversing like a pro :smiley: good luck in your new job

sirgarlicbreath:
Looks like I have been okayed to drive Class 1s for Royal Mail. I am still a bit apprehensive about my reversing and I’m sure there will be sweat, loads of laughs and ‘c’ words hurled through gritted teeth when it comes to my going backwards. I will hand in my notice to my Class 2 work tomorrow and keep fingers and toes crossed. Anyone can dispense some experiences from your working for RM?

Nice one, I’m dead chuffed for you. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

As for reversing, Ummmm, I’m very apprehensive every-time I have to reverse, even in the Yard that’s all marked out. :blush: It takes me ages most times, I just can’t get my head around the angles that it needs to be in. One Friday it took 30 minutes to get the bloody thing in and that was with 3 spaces. I figured out what the problem was on that occasion, I was hyper from just having two high caffeine drinks cos I’d been on the go for hours and I was feeling beat.
One guy from Portugal used to take up 2 slots all the time, his ‘excuse’ was “I don’t do reverse” and that was it. :unamused:
The ‘joke’ at my place is, I’m earning money parking it cos sometimes I struggle. :stuck_out_tongue:

Friends tell me it’ll come, When I ask?? :laughing: :laughing:

Take your time and ignore everybody, as long as you don’t hit anybody or anything, all’s good.
Oh yes and don’t oversteer, I do and what an arse I feel everytime. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

From my experience RM work is the best a newbie could ever start on :smiley: I started Cass 2 night trunking at
hemel Hempstead before my licence even came back from DVLA. Everyone at RM seemed so happy to help the newbie. Can’t wait to get back down there now that i have my C+E cos up north RM want 2 experience years experience! :frowning: