Catch 22

I’ve had my licences (c and c+e) since about March and started my first class 2 job in June. It doesn’t look like they’re going to move me up to class 1 this year. (For reasons out of my hands)

I can’t register with agencies as they want to see me in person, if I manage to find a company who want to interview me I can’t. Because I’m stuck here 6-6 mon to fri. :angry:

Class 2 is the worst. :grimacing:

Day off sick/holiday day■■?

In your position mate:

IF if felt secure within the firm, i.e. respected, and ACTUALLY CAPABLE of the work, or ability to find equivalent, I’d be putting pressure on employer about a step up…

IF I was lucky to be holding on to this job as I’m a useless twonk, who has little chance of impressing an employer, either through punctuality, ability, reliability and cleanliness, then I’d think different…

Which one are you? :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was in the same position as you then said ■■■■ it and put in a weeks notice. Walked into an agency with no class one experience and was out on a shift that Monday. I hated class two multidrop. But love class one trunking. Better pay and no heavy lifting.

To be honest, most potential employers I’ve seen have been on Saturdays mostly to their request so that might solve the problem. As for moving from class 2 to class 1 with an employer - quite likely they want to make sure you’re not going to destroy a £50,000 truck vs £100,000 unit.

PandyDandy:

Once you start to drive that artic, you will know how much of a ball ache it is to drive those things

Dentist, Doctors, Funeral, New Baby, Day Off, Holiday-there’s Hundreds of ways to visit potential employers, or as mentioned already-Saturday’s, I’ve even parked my wagon outside potential employers offices & had a chat with the TM’s, unless you’re a Slave & they’re holding your family to ransom [emoji6]

PandyDandy:
I’ve had my licences (c and c+e) since about March and started my first class 2 job in June. It doesn’t look like they’re going to move me up to class 1 this year. (For reasons out of my hands)

I can’t register with agencies as they want to see me in person, if I manage to find a company who want to interview me I can’t. Because I’m stuck here 6-6 mon to fri. :angry:

Plenty agency work to keep you busy

Sign up for 4/5, chuck you’re job and that way you can take a day off for an interview, holiday etc anytime you feel like it :wink:

Tommy7437:

PandyDandy:

Plenty agency work to keep you busy

Sign up for 4/5, chuck you’re job and that way you can take a day off for an interview, holiday etc anytime you feel like it :wink:

Most firms will have a clause in your contract where you must make all your work time available to them, besides questions will be asked if you get told to do a Saturday run or something but you haven’t got enough driving left for that week.