More pics

Amazing what you come up with when looking through boxes of old stuff…

top stuff keith my fave is the 141 in the last pic :smiley:

Interesting pics, are Cadwalladers still going? I think they were from Shropshire somewhere?

Also I notice the Brains Volvo is LHD and Dutch registered - why is that, did they do continental? I always struggle with container pullers doing continental when it must be so much easier to lift the container on to a ship and load it on again at the other end!!!

Wonder of it was the fore runner of the current tendency to have foreign registered trucks hauling containers?

chorcheela:
Interesting pics, are Cadwalladers still going? I think they were from Shropshire somewhere?

Also I notice the Brains Volvo is LHD and Dutch registered - why is that, did they do continental?

Cadwalladers finished a long time ago,I think they came from Oswestry.

Apparently,so I was told,Brains opened a depot in Rotterdam which was run by his daughter,but the venture didn’t last long.

Brains also had a lot of trucks based in the middle east during the 70’s,they were shipped back to the UK and repainted.
They were LHD Scania 111’s and after they’d had the aircon removed from the roof they were fitted with a perspex panel.
Most of them were repainted in Evergreen colours.

ah i recognise them pics keith, they are great!!

thanks Kieth very nice photos

remember seeing Cadwallader all over europe,

many years ago,

I think Cadwallader somehow evolved into Pentons?

Lovely photos.

Harry Monk:
I think Cadwallader somehow evolved into Pentons?

Lovely photos.

dont think so, im sure they were running as seperate companies…

I think the driver of the 141 must have thought he was king of the road in that, that is a smart looking motor.
Good pics Keith.

great photos keith i like the f12 of bon acords brought bk some good memories i drov one like it at k.c willimansons cadwalder is still going he only sells fridges now (sor)

keep it chapping.

Cadwalladers is still going strong. They have a truck on my firm subbying. They are more into trailer rentals nowdays.They are part of the franchise that run SOR trailers.

Nice pics kw. My dad had one of those TM bedfords with a detroit in it. It had a really distinctive engine note.

Nice Pics :smiley:

Really liked the 4th picture of the “bon-accord” truck , brings back memories of when i used to see them run into the glasgow fish(&fruit) market, them and sims & charles alexandra all running down the royston road into the market!

we rented 5 or 6 trailors from them before we bought our last 10 from chereau iwas talking to the sons who run it now an they have about 8 or 9 trucks on the road thay are plain white fh volvos

nice pics
remember seeing a lot of cadwallders along the a49/a41 when i was a kid out on the road with my dad, did they not get into troble with the tc in the 80’s? sure the used to run f88’s as well?

wirralpete:
nice pics
remember seeing a lot of cadwallders along the a49/a41 when i was a kid out on the road with my dad, did they not get into troble with the tc in the 80’s? sure the used to run f88’s as well?

i remember something about russell cadwallader telling the TC he’d forgotten more about transport than the TC would ever know (or words to that effect) -which is probably true but didn’t go down too well apparently :laughing: