Cadwalladers f88 NAW 500G

Trying to find some photos of cadwalladers f88 reg no NAW 500G in its working days, anyone got any? truck was restored and is now owned by matthew kibble and i get to drive it to the shows.
cheers,steve.

Good afternoon VWVANMAN

I seem to recall Hartshornes, Walsall having it for a while in the mid nineties.

They may have some snaps, because I think they were using it for PR at the time.

Hope that helps.

Regards

dont know about the f88 but i saw a new fh globetrotter xl on the m62 in the week with cadwalladers on the headboard are they back up and running :question:

Caddies did continue to operate, I suppose it might be described as pottering about after they ‘closed the haulage business down’, but that was mid/late nineties using the better of the old ‘FL10’ motors.

If your observations are correct then I reckon that any of the chaps that put up with the ‘knackered’ old kit during then run in to closure, might feel, quite rightly feel bemused at them using a premium motor to ferry empty ‘sales’ trailers around.

I joined the management team for nine days in 1994, at which point the fleet was far removed from it’s former glory.

DP

Heres a clipping out of a mag and a photo l took of her in Caddies yard in the 80s,she was still a working lorry then.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hope this is of interest.

Cheers Marc.

cheers bubbleman,great pics and a bit of info too. looked a proper motor :sunglasses:

used to work for smiths in lockerbie in the 70s caddies photos bring back memories.used to deliver to all over europe with lambs most nights daf 2800.scanie 111. volvo88.a erf lefthand drive used come in regulary.used yard as change over for delivies up into scotland.when weights went up volvo 88 went t 6x4 with 2 axle trailors

presto51:
used to work for smiths in lockerbie in the 70s caddies photos bring back memories.used to deliver to all over europe with lambs most nights daf 2800.scanie 111. volvo88.a erf lefthand drive used come in regulary.used yard as change over for delivies up into scotland.when weights went up volvo 88 went t 6x4 with 2 axle trailors

Is Gary still about who used to work for A Smiths in Lockerbie and Lockerbie Transport. Lockerbie Transport used to run a trunk between Bedford and Glasgow carrying Televisions. There also used to be a large lad who worked in the workshop at Smiths but his name escapes me. I spent many nights parked up in Lockerbie. Is Lockerbie Transport still going? They used to have a shed on the outskirts near the 74.

gary is still about.been retired a few years now .still playes bingo.big guy is tubby .alliaster moffat .his father worked on the loading bay.now works at cheese company.on milk delivery inspection+empties milk trailors.ltl was part of smiths abboittor .when sold out to an irish firm .done parcells .sold out to blue band motors .whitch was owned bye craigs cousin.its gone to the wall a few years ago.where u parked another tesco now

thats a blast from the past , raymond mcgarr (gary)or schultz as he was called behind his back was road boss, …bonzo,johnny morgan in the garage…joe tennant,robbie linton.further back was billy kirkpatrick &his brother andy ,tam ballantyne,graig smith was boss, plus lots of faces i cant put names to.

vwvanman0:
Trying to find some photos of cadwalladers f88 reg no NAW 500G in its working days, anyone got any? truck was restored and is now owned by matthew kibble and i get to drive it to the shows.
cheers,steve.

Not the one’s you are looking for but they are Caddies motors.
transportphotos.com/road/CZC0061-08
CZC00061-08.jpghttp://www.transportphotos.com/road/CZC00055-11
CZC00055-11.jpgTo see more photos just click on the transport photo link below and type in Cadwallader.JOHN