Money or happiness?

Good health is more important than both of them :smiley: i would give up all if my wife could be made better :confused:

I changed my thinking in 2007 after visiting my Brother in Hospital, he wasn’t awake, in fact without the life support machine he was already dead. Pete was just 51, had money coming out of his ears and had a great time doing the things he wanted when he wanted.

I was earning quite a tidy sum, but not getting home or seeing my family & closest friends, so I took a lower paid job that ensured I was home to enjoy it.

My brother is still dead, his wife is still coming to terms with it. Money isn’t everything, in fact it means very little after the automatic curtains close, or the first sods of earth are dropped on the wooden lid. Never mind, we had some lovely new cars for the funeral procession and all his many friends were invited to the golf club afterwards.

Wheel Nut:
I changed my thinking in 2007 after visiting my Brother in Hospital, he wasn’t awake, in fact without the life support machine he was already dead. Pete was just 51, had money coming out of his ears and had a great time doing the things he wanted when he wanted.

I was earning quite a tidy sum, but not getting home or seeing my family & closest friends, so I took a lower paid job that ensured I was home to enjoy it.

My brother is still dead, his wife is still coming to terms with it. Money isn’t everything, in fact it means very little after the automatic curtains close, or the first sods of earth are dropped on the wooden lid. Never mind, we had some lovely new cars for the funeral procession and all his many friends were invited to the golf club afterwards.

I’m not seeing the connection here. Are you suggesting that your brother working hard was the reason why he died at 51? :confused: :confused: :confused:

calebs gramps:
I need to earn a certain amount to keep my standard of living and no matter what anyone says you tend to live to the amount you earn,therefore having been on good money for the last 8 years ,i couldnt afford to drop money,unless of course i had no choice ,but il cross that bridge when i come to it :smiley:
my job can be bloody hard work at times but unlike some of our drivers i dont whinge and whine about it ,i just get on with it meet ,some decent people and some tossers everyday,you only live once ,so dont see the point of being a miserable git all the time.
we get paid salary 12hours a day and thanks to the WTD you cant do that everyday so i just bowl along do my drops and get back when i get back and after a few weeks the transport supervisor has to give me shorter runs to keep my average down ,Happy days.
Dont see the point in doing a cushy job for crap money tho,hard work dont bother me ,unless of course you live at home with your parents and dont have to worry about bills.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Happiness, quite often the money will come afterwards because you are happy :smiley:
Others like a person who is mostly happy…And it doesn`t take long for others to realise, then you have everything you need in life to do what you want to do.

No one likes a miserable git…Thus less opportunity, less friends and less of everything.

Rob K:

Wheel Nut:

I’m not seeing the connection here. Are you suggesting that your brother working hard was the reason why he died at 51? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Of course I am, he had worked hard, built a business up and had the livelihoods of 22 people to consider, many of those who are still alive are working at his place. Money may make things easier, but it certainly isn’t worth the heartache and illness it takes to chase it.

The best boss I ever worked for also died at 47 probably caused by financial pressure and worry of running a business, he could have sold up and retired, but he considered his employees and our commitments.

Wheel Nut:

Rob K:

Wheel Nut:

Of course I am, he had worked hard, built a business up and had the livelihoods of 22 people to consider, many of those who are still alive are working at his place. Money may make things easier, but it certainly isn’t worth the heartache and illness it takes to chase it.

:confused: :confused: :confused: So the autopsy said that your brother had died from “hard work” then, right? :unamused: Still not seeing the connection… All I’m seeing is pure speculation. There doesn’t have to be a reason for someone dying young.

Rob K:

Wheel Nut:

Rob K:

Wheel Nut:

:confused: :confused: :confused: So the autopsy said that your brother had died from “hard work” then, right? :unamused: Still not seeing the connection… All I’m seeing is pure speculation. There doesn’t have to be a reason for someone dying young.

No the autopsy said Brain Stem Death, Rob, didn’t you have heart problems after chasing the dollar and getting stressed out at every traffic light and phone call.

The topic was Money or Happiness. I opted for happiness, because with happiness you can live a long life, with Money, you cannot buy life or happiness.

bowser:
at the min its money for me , i’ve been through all the driving big flash motors for no wonga but times changed for me now , plus i’m wiser than i was so i dont give a crap what i drive just give me the money .

p.s legal of course … :open_mouth:

Errrmm…here here old chap :grimacing:

Wheel Nut:

Rob K:

Wheel Nut:

Rob K:

Wheel Nut:

No the autopsy said Brain Stem Death

So as I said, pure speculation on your part that his cause of death was due to 22 livelihoods depending on him. Or are you suggesting that had he not had 22 livelihoods depending on him that he would still be alive today? :confused:

Rob, didn’t you have heart problems after chasing the dollar and getting stressed out at every traffic light and phone call.

No. That was a lot of years ago now and I had already changed my attitude to the job long before I packed up driving, plus I’ve been out of driving for several years as well, so no. The issues I have(had) are hereditary and primarily diet related.

The topic was Money or Happiness. I opted for happiness, because with happiness you can live a long life, with Money, you cannot buy life or happiness.

Once again pure speculation. Show me some proper evidence that says if you lead an unhappy life that you will die young.

Rob K:

Wheel Nut:

Rob K:

Wheel Nut:

Rob K:

Wheel Nut:

No the autopsy said Brain Stem Death

So as I said, pure speculation on your part that his cause of death was due to 22 livelihoods depending on him. Or are you suggesting that had he not had 22 livelihoods depending on him that he would still be alive today? :confused:

Once again pure speculation. Show me some proper evidence that says if you lead an unhappy life that you will die young.

Speculation or not, the reason for his brain stem dying was that it was starved of oxygen, caused by a sudden heart stoppage, possibly or more than likely caused by the stress of running a successful business. It wasn’t hereditary or if it was there were certainly no signs. He had had a stringent medical less than 4 months before his death when he flew with the Red Arrows, he had another medical when he rode Laguna Seca with Ducati

but we are drifting away, the thing is. I am happier with my life now, than at any other time in my life and I have much less money than I ever had before :grimacing:

Trouble is in my opinion theres just as much stress in your life when you are not earning good money and you are struggling to make ends meet ,you worry every minute of every day ,ask somebody whos been made redundant in the current climate ,im sure they’d say how stressful it is trying to pay bills etc.
i think you just have to get the balance right,not always possible i know,but nobody holds a gun to anybody elses head and forces them to the job they do ,unless you work for the mafia or some similar organisation.

Wheel Nut:
Speculation or not, the reason for his brain stem dying was that it was starved of oxygen, caused by a sudden heart stoppage, possibly or more than likely caused by the stress of running a successful business. It wasn’t hereditary or if it was there were certainly no signs. He had had a stringent medical less than 4 months before his death when he flew with the Red Arrows, he had another medical when he rode Laguna Seca with Ducati

Highlighted the relevant bits for you. :smiley: I’m sure there are plenty of people out there that have lead very stressful lives and lived well into their 90s or more. Don’t bother asking me to name any coz I can’t be arsed but I’d bet my house that there hundreds of thousands of them. I just find it a completely ridiculous statement you saying that if you aren’t happy in your life then you’d better get on the bone and get your funeral booked coz you ain’t got long left. :open_mouth: :unamused:

newmercman:

jonnytruckfest:
But in my opinion I don’t see the point in having money if you’re just going to be miserable.

Wait until you’ve got a shed load of bills and no money, bet you change your answer then :laughing: :laughing:

Probably would, But I don’t plan on getting shed loads of bills and I wouldn’t work for peanuts. A mars bar is ample :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:

jonnytruckfest:
But in my opinion I don’t see the point in having money if you’re just going to be miserable.

Wait until you’ve got a shed load of bills and no money, bet you change your answer then :laughing: :laughing:

I doubt he will. Your point about being miserable due to not having money is not contradictory to his point of being miserable and having money.

The option “having money and be happy” is a third one :wink:

And he clearly said “in my circumstances”. :slight_smile:

jonnytruckfest:

newmercman:

jonnytruckfest:

Probably would, But I don’t plan on getting shed loads of bills and I wouldn’t work for peanuts. A mars bar is ample :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nobody plans on getting shed loads of bills jonny,it just happens .
its whats commonly known as LIFE mate :slight_smile:

calebs gramps:

jonnytruckfest:

newmercman:

jonnytruckfest:

The image I posted this morning explains all.

Rob K:

calebs gramps:

jonnytruckfest:

newmercman:

jonnytruckfest:

The image I posted this morning explains all.

HAHA!!,yeah i saw that Rob,thats what i was getting at in my earlier post as i think you know from the smilies you put on, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

orys:

newmercman:

jonnytruckfest:

I doubt he will. Your point about being miserable due to not having money is not contradictory to his point of being miserable and having money.

The option “having money and be happy” is a third one :wink:

And he clearly said “in my circumstances”. :slight_smile:

It’s good if you have both, but if it was a choice it would always be happiness :slight_smile: I’ve seen what money can do to people and it’s not a pretty thing. Hence why in my opinion happiness wins every time :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses: