dilemma

now would you leave a job you was unhappy with to a job you would be happy with but earn a hundred quid a week less :question: :question: :question:

to make things clearer…

say you take home an average £500 to £550 a week for 1 maybe 2 or 3 nights out a week. to a firm that pays £450 to £500 a week for 3 nights every week.

the reason i ask is ive read a few times on these boards that drivers have left jobs or knocked back jobs that a premium price for something that they are happy with.

tony530i is one of these drivers, he says that he knows he could earn more but is happy with his job.

lifes too short to do a job that makes you unhappy, your and your families happiness is all that counts so long as you can put food on the table go for it.

Money isn’t everything. Aslong as you are happy to work for the lower rate because you can do so without any financial worries as such and you’ll be happier in the other job, then I’d say move.

You only get one chance at life, why lead an unhappy one??

i left a job because of the way morrisons were treating us. i was on £800-£980 per week, it was 7 days a week though, so i never went home.

if the moeny wasnt that important then yes i would. happiness is an emotion people (or rather i cant) cant live without,

but if you needed the money it would be one hell of a dilemma. with the money youre not enjoying your work, without the money your worrying about the bills and possibly losing the house/rowing with the wife/not paying all the bills getting stressed ouyt and making yourself ill.

catch 22 springs to mind but if the moeny wasnt a problem then yes i would leave and go for the lower paid job.

Yeah i still stand by what i said ages ago. Dont get me wrong my wages are not bad, probably on parr with most on here tbf, and i get the best of tackle to drive and most of the work is good, i like to take pride in my equipment, i get a chance to bling my truck when i want. I am happy in my job, the wife is as happy as can be expected, she is stuck at home with 2 kids under 4yo. We have just built a new house so she is happy enough, i get home a couple of times a week which means i get to see my kids which means alot to me, my boss has kids, he knows the crack, my work is on my doorstep, 5 minute drive to the yard, i can bring the truck home, i can even park trailer at door… money aint everything. :smiley:

i have in the past worked for a firm i was really unhappy with,so i know what you mean jd.it affected my physical and mental health and near cost me my marriage.i would say,do what makes you feel happiest,and take into consideration any positive or negative affects on your family too.
something ive learnt over the last few years is money isnt everything,and a slight restruction in finances soon sorts that.
whatever you decide to do,best of luck,and follow your heart.

TONY530I:
Yeah i still stand by what i said ages ago. Dont get me wrong my wages are not bad, probably on parr with most on here tbf, and i get the best of tackle to drive and most of the work is good, i like to take pride in my equipment, i get a chance to bling my truck when i want. I am happy in my job, the wife is as happy as can be expected, she is stuck at home with 2 kids under 4yo. We have just built a new house so she is happy enough, i get home a couple of times a week which means i get to see my kids which means alot to me, my boss has kids, he knows the crack, my work is on my doorstep, 5 minute drive to the yard, i can bring the truck home, i can even park trailer at door… money aint everything. :smiley:

More or less the same. I get home every 2nd day when I ship trailer, get 15hrs + home so plenty time for a good break, see GF and kid and get a bit of time at home, get a good wage, work is easy enough, boss is decent as well, lorries are all newish (Some are old) but all well maintained… I could also go away and earn big bucks working away from home and never seeing the gf or my boy but ■■■■ that down the kline come home kid doesnt know me or wont come to me or didnt confide in me, gf and me falling out because she aint used to me being home etc etc…

lifes too short to be doin a job you dont like,theres nothing worse than not wanting to get out of bed to go to work :frowning: if you can survive on the wage drop id take it :smiley: money isnt everything but you dont want to be scrimping to survive :smiley:

yea i probably would go to a job i enjoyed if i was beinpaid less than a job i hated,

i mean id do what im doing right now for minimum wage tbh beacause i love the job, all im bothered about with this job is travelling and seeing new places.
i get decent enough tackle to drive and decent enough people to work for (but lik everywhere else theres always a few doo doos)

its just the thought of going back to the agency and being given local multidrop in a van after spending nearly 2 and a half months in europe in a left ■■■■■■ artic is kinda depressing, i mean i cant even get any work in a truck tbh

jessicas dad:
now would you leave a job you was unhappy with to a job you would be happy with but earn a hundred quid a week less :question: :question: :question:

to make things clearer…

say you take home an average £500 to £550 a week for 1 maybe 2 or 3 nights out a week. to a firm that pays £450 to £500 a week for 3 nights every week.

the reason i ask is ive read a few times on these boards that drivers have left jobs or knocked back jobs that a premium price for something that they are happy with.

tony530i is one of these drivers, he says that he knows he could earn more but is happy with his job.

Hi jessicas dad

ask youself this is the money important to you,if not and you have a offer of a better job take it

is been happy in work your goal in life to enjoy what you do, or do you want to be miserable and always thinking of what if, if that the case take the new job

your the one doing the work it down to you to make a choice of been happy or sad, i for one would rather be happy in a job than worry about the money all the time if you can live on what there offering to you take the step.

I think in life you have two goals provide for your family and enjoy what you do to provide for you family.

thanks everyone, you have definatley give me something to think about. i just hope i have the bottle to do it. :laughing:

Look at it this way mate, if your happy at work, your happy at home… good luck :wink: :wink: :wink:

I have done exactly that, come off day work and gone back nighting out and i am at least £100 a week down in wages. family and close freinds have said to me how much happier i look and act. as for the money it sounds a bit daft but 2 months into the job and i seem to have more spare money to myself and i am going out to the pub again at weekends. ( i am single though and not got a family to look after).
I left a big company to go work for a 4 truck company and i could not be happier, all said no job is secure just lately.
All i can say is it worked for me, good luck with whatever you decide.

If you can take the hit on the money front (and it’s surprising where you can make savings when you need to) then go for it. The extra £100 a week would be scant consolation for a job you hated.

I could probably earn £100 a week more driving a supermarket trolley but I wouldn’t enjoy it so I wouldn’t do it.

Go for it JD.

thats an easy one. go for the job you like. there are too many people in jobs they hate. as long as it pays the bills, go for the one you want. even with the way things are now, im still turning certain jobs down because they just arent worth the hassle. fortunately other work became available but if they hadnt, i would rather lose the days pay than do a job i really hated

TONY530I:
Look at it this way mate, if your happy at work, your happy at home… good luck :wink: :wink: :wink:

even if hes got a crap job, hes still got JM

gogzy:
even if hes got a crap job, hes still got JM

lmao! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:

I’d be quite happy to earn £100 a week at the moment :open_mouth:

Tiger.