Monday Is Almost here!

and so loometh the First Day. The employer has toldeth me that this shall involve driving along with another newbie driver who passed his test yesterday :confused: the + point is that I learned Class C at the same time as the lad and know we get on fine, and as he was an office guy he knows his way round the paperwork and docks procedures…I think the plan is for him to drive us from Scunthorpe to the docks in Immingham, then I’ll be captain of the ship to Widnes, and perhaps a bit coming back too then swap over :open_mouth:

I am really looking 4ward 2 it but to be honest also â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  a bit of a brick cus I aint driven an artic yet, just a wagon and drag and so my first ever artic reverse is going to be with a loaded box onto a properbo loading bay - should be fun but I know I can do it :open_mouth:

wish me luck lads and lasses!!

Si

all the best si :smiley:

remember its not a race so take your time you’ll love it :laughing:

let us know how you get on

jon

Good luck,Si.

You’ll be fine,you’ve done the hard bit ie the test,so you won’t have someone constantly watching your every move. If you do make a hash-up of things,DON’T dwell on it,put it down to experience(or lack of) and carry on.
It is one large learning curve,I passed class 1 two months ago and don’t have anything like the experience that other members have,but in that two months I have learnt so much,you would not believe.

Everyday’s a schoolday,as they say,and you will enjoy every minute of ‘school’,believe me.

All the best for Monday,Si,try not to dazzle too many drivers with your teeth when you have that immovable big grin on your face! :smiley: :smiley:

Dan.

Si.

If the nerves start giving you a hard time, you get an audience when you reverse, smile and tell yourself you can do it. If it takes a shunt or 2 or 3 or 4 so what. If you need to explain to any one tell them you are new, you want to do it right and for the most part you’ll get a lot more consideration and help. Some green L or P plates might even help disarm the critics. Above all don’t give up on your own ability.

If you do get an impatient S.O.B. then imagine him/her sat on the loo with pants round the ankles. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: Its very theraputic!!!

I wish you luck Si…

Good luck buddy…

Good Luck Si,
It won’t belong before you spot somebody else at work looking scared stiff and you will be the one giving the advice but for now take your time and if you don’t know ask. You’ll be great. :wink:

Yeah ! GOOD LUCK and remember ! there is no such thing as an expert driver, there is no shame in getting it wrong, I have been reversing them since the mid 70’s and i still mess up now and then. :wink:

Wiretwister:
Si.

If you do get an impatient S.O.B. then imagine him/her sat on the loo with pants round the ankles. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: Its very theraputic!!!

Will have to try that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’l be fine Si. Don’t be worried about getting out n havin a look or asking for a hand. A lot of us don’t like to offer a struggling driver help incase they gets embarassed(?) or even worse, blow they’re top at you for offering (it happens) :open_mouth: .

Other than that Dan a.k.a Boo has it dead right.

Try not to blind the rest of us with that dazzling smile (of chuffedness(is that a word?)) and enjoy yourself :laughing: :laughing: .