Moan time again!

I know this has been done to death on this forum, but what the hell is going on with the standard of driving nowadays. Not just car drivers, but truckers as well. For example the other night on the m6 south, came up behind a truck going about 48-50mph, so i indicate to overtake and pull out, as i get level with the cab i look across and he is on his phone, for some reason then he decides to put his foot down why? Also some seem to try to barge their way onto the motorway, i have no where to go, i would move over if i could. On a similar topic, i seem to be undertaking more cars now and i’m stuck at 52mph. The strangest thing is the cars i undertake are not usually your old battered Datsuns etc but 10 plate Jags, Audi’s and such, hogging the middle lane. Moan over.

Know what you mean, was overtaking a Cullina motor this morning on the M25 and just about passed him going downhill (with a very fast Volvo up my rearend now) and he lets the hill roll himself back in front of me. MOST arcit drivers used to be very professional but I’m getting fed up now of letting other drivers in at slip roads only for them to hit the CC and sit happily with you at the same speed! Even had a driver from the same company as me 3 weeks ago did the same. :imp:
Happy ending with Mr Cullina later on though when I boxed him in on a slower vehicle :smiling_imp:
I sensed some little man anger but he didnt even indicate because he knew the score :exclamation: :imp:

prdcb1:
I know this has been done to death on this forum, but what the hell is going on with the standard of driving nowadays. Not just car drivers, but truckers as well. For example the other night on the m6 south, came up behind a truck going about 48-50mph, so i indicate to overtake and pull out, as i get level with the cab i look across and he is on his phone, for some reason then he decides to put his foot down why? Also some seem to try to barge their way onto the motorway, i have no where to go, i would move over if i could. On a similar topic, i seem to be undertaking more cars now and i’m stuck at 52mph. The strangest thing is the cars i undertake are not usually your old battered Datsuns etc but 10 plate Jags, Audi’s and such, hogging the middle lane. Moan over.

I thought everybody knew that to answer the phone means an automatic decrease of 5 mph and are the 10 plate jags and a/soles in audis the ones with their lights on main beam

Most drivers would achieve a better standard if they spent more time concentrating on how well they are performing, rather than how well everyone else is.
There is always a way to either avoid these situations or to get out of them.
If you just assume that every other driver is a numpty and let them get on with it, you will have a much more pleasant day’s work. :sunglasses:

Regards,
Nick

wavyok:

prdcb1:

I thought everybody knew that to answer the phone means an automatic decrease of 5 mph and are the 10 plate jags and a/soles in audis the ones with their lights on main beam

Phone call:
Yes love I’ll do the hoovering when I get in, yes love and the washing up, Oh jesus what’s that? Got to go love, just being overtaken by another big lorry, not as big as mine though and If I let this ■■■■■■■ in i’ll lose 3 seconds off my break. (foot to the floor) Love you.
:laughing:

prdcb1:

If you couldn’t move over, wouldn’t it be safer to just knock it back a few MPH, and let them on and then go round them?,or am i missing the point.

Post is not a dig at all or to start a slagging match because i am no where near as perfect as others on here :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

streaky:
Phone call:
Yes love I’ll do the hoovering when I get in, yes love and the washing up, Oh jesus what’s that? Got to go love, just being overtaken by another big lorry, not as big as mine though and If I let this [zb] in i’ll lose 3 seconds off my break. (foot to the floor) Love you.
:laughing:

mickyblue:

prdcb1:

If you couldn’t move over, wouldn’t it be safer to just knock it back a few MPH, and let them on and then go round them?,or am i missing the point.

Post is not a dig at all or to start a slagging match because i am no where near as perfect as others on here :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah thats right Mickey, keep laying off the loud pedal till you know he’s slowing, go for the overtake and you sit in the middle lane. Back off again and sit behind said ■■■■■■■■■ and he slows again and so forth. You’ll find out one day mate and you’ll probably be thinking the same thing mate. LIMITERS!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

streaky:

mickyblue:

prdcb1:

Yeah thats right Mickey, keep laying off the loud pedal till you know he’s slowing, go for the overtake and you sit in the middle lane. Back off again and sit behind said [zb] and he slows again and so forth. You’ll find out one day mate and you’ll probably be thinking the same thing mate. LIMITERS!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

I always say this and my wife half moans about it when i say it. Why don’t people work together when out on the road, trucks,cars and the little vans. if people worked together, the roads would be flowing lovely, that will only happen when i pass away at 110

110 Mickeyboy? It’ll never happen but good on you for having faith it’ll happen after our demise! All the rib taking apart I think you’d make a good driver as you have a bit of savvy about you, actually forget that as you want to be a copper! :wink:

It is now exactly 50 years since I passed my first driving test (motorbike), my grandfather taught me to drive and told me to always remember one thing:

“Everyone else on the road is an idiot and will almost certainly do something stupid, be ready for it to happen and accept it when it does”

That works for me and having read many complaints about driving on here I’m sure it would work for others!

Martin:
It is now exactly 50 years since I passed my first driving test (motorbike), my grandfather taught me to drive and told me to always remember one thing:

“Everyone else on the road is an idiot and will almost certainly do something stupid, be ready for it to happen and accept it when it does”

That works for me and having read many complaints about driving on here I’m sure it would work for others!

My grandad said the same thing. He also said this ‘When you see a car with an indicator on, don’t take it that he is turning that way’ :slight_smile:

ncooper:
Most drivers would achieve a better standard if they spent more time concentrating on how well they are performing, rather than how well everyone else is.
If you just assume that every other driver is a numpty and let them get on with it, you will have a much more pleasant day’s work. :sunglasses:

Regards,
Nick

That is absolutely spot on.

here in RSA everyon gets taught one thing and oner thing only, STOP at Stop streets and that is it period, we have roundabouts here now, what a laugh whoever is there 1st just goes and traffic lights are in their minds a warning not an order, when it goes red just speed up.

There’s nothing better than trundling along the highway at 120kph and being undertaken by a twin trailer superlink doing 140kph with a guy behind the wheel who probably got his licence for 50 bucks off his mate.
Well thats my rant over with, I feel much bettrer now… thanks :blush:

JLS Driver SOS:
here in RSA everyon gets taught one thing and oner thing only, STOP at Stop streets and that is it period, we have roundabouts here now, what a laugh whoever is there 1st just goes and traffic lights are in their minds a warning not an order, when it goes red just speed up.

There’s nothing better than trundling along the highway at 120kph and being undertaken by a twin trailer superlink doing 140kph with a guy behind the wheel who probably got his licence for 50 bucks off his mate.
Well thats my rant over with, I feel much bettrer now… thanks :blush:

Thank god we are in England, There would be deaths on a daily basis in the 1000’s over here

ncooper:

Regards,
Nick

Top advice Nick :smiley:

I did think at the time of easing back a few mph, but the situation at the time meant i could’nt really back off as i had a wagon right behind me and with 2 trucks running along side me, there was not alot i could do. I just had to write the original post as i am getting a bit peed off really, i to am not perfect. Also on the same theme what are you supposed to do when your going down a hill, another truck overtakes you doing 60+ mph and then you start to climb the otherside but he is now going slower than you? This happens alot to me on the m6 jct 1 near Rugby, i call it the big dipper.

This you tube clip will sum this topic up

youtube.com/watch?v=Jivjai9Q … re=related

Trucking is a bit like society today. Everyone keeps themselves to themselves and looks after number one while occasionally going out of their way to be a t1t.

There is definitely a divide in trucking these days