Melksham parking.NIMBY`ism again

Not in my back yard.In last weeks edition of the “Wiltshire Times” newspaper,once again lorry drivers have been slanted off with negative journalism,rubbishing our public image again.Elderly neighbours have filed a complaints to Wiltshire District Council to get Spa Road truck park closed due to the fact of been woken by engines running for 20 minutes to allow air to brakes build up,at 4am and 5am time windows.One lady reported to the reporter that she doesnt walk her dog in the park due to human waste located there.Neighbours have complained of urine odours and walls near their properties being sooted black from the trucks.In the paper one resident was shocked to see a female driver un dressing in her cab,and routinely residents moaned of having their meal times spoiled because drivers could PEER in from their sleeper cabs over the walls in the gardens etc.My opinions here are,are there toilets for drivers.What evidence do the moaners have that it is drivers weeing and pooing there and not peed up pub kicking out time locals.Why were the residents looking in to the drivers cabs anyway.Where else are we drivers supposed to park,this a free parking area.Was the park there before it was a housing estate estate,like the people that buy a house near an airport and complain later about excessive aviation noise and extra runways.This is a stupid small minded anti truck country.

I quite agree but at the same time the residents have a point. Local Councils should provide free/cheap parking, toilets, washing and restaurants for transport drivers. Virtually all Council lorry parks have been given over to property developers and the Councils haven’t replaced them. Once upon a time local councils were obliged to provide parking but it seems they no longer are. The Minister for Transport needs his ■■■■ kicked over this and any union members should be kicking off at their shop stewards to be getting on and on and on at their top brass to get this sorted. It seems the Union top brass have only one interest and that is to pay themselves a bloody fortune and scam as much as they can on expenses, while kissing MP’s butts .

Somebody should get on to Teamsters in the USA about opening a branch in the UK. The UK Unions are just a bunch of crooks, the same as the government. All lined up for six figure pensions and laughing all the way, while they sweet talk the worker to keep grafting for peanuts and ■■■■ poor working conditions.

The country would fall apart if “all” truckers just downd tools for 2 wks, yet we are treated like ■■■■.

Ayup,Teamsters in the U.K. you must be joking :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: And U.S. unions arent crooks, maybe :unamused: :unamused:

sweetleaf:
Ayup,Teamsters in the U.K. you must be joking :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: And U.S. unions arent crooks, maybe :unamused: :unamused:

It’s got to happen sweetleaf, we can’t just sit by while the union bosses take the ■■■■ and get involved with politics and kissing politisions butts while ignoring the industry and their members grievencies.

There need to be big, big changes.

Ayup, youre right changes are needed,but will Drivers ever stick together.Im retired so It doesnt effect me,but I can certainly remember better times,and City center parking. Joe.

I emailed the newspaper.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45028#p509116

Councillor Pamela Wiltshire from Melksham district council has written to the “Wiltshire Times”,and a report has been published,with following quotes.She told the paper not to tar all drivers with the same brush and the enviromental issues are down to the council.She said trucks are an important part to our economy and also quoted the report by the paper fueled British National Party support,due to the headline of the slur on “Foreign drivers”,using the truck park at Melksham.Has anyone contacted Katie Adams,the reporter who took the “Local angle”,as she wanted as many drivers opinions on the subject,hopefully to print in a later edition.Once again,great letter from Connor.Wasnt in last edition of the paper.