Mega wind up on trucknetUSA, Euro truck verses Uncle Sam!

Just thought I’d let you guy’s n gal’s know that us “madmen” on the ex-pats forum have a good old “wind-up” going with our “kissing cousins” over on TRUCKNETUSA.The “craic” is mighty!! Click on logo above and go to truckstop lobby and then driver round table,look for posting “US truck verses Euro truck”. I think the sayings “barriers are down,the lights are flashing,but the train ain’t coming!!!” or “wheel’s still spinning,but the hamster is dead!!!” are quite appropriate :laughing: :smiley: :wink: Alias Eurosupertruck!!!

Followed the link, read the thread.

Dumbstruck… :unamused:

Why are you dumbstruck, qhunter?, You did’nt elaborate so I don’t know if you are supporting the ‘wind-up’ or not?

How is it a wind up■■?.. The yanks seriously do believe that their Conventionals are better that the Pretty bog standard Euro truck??.. surly they cant be serious though… can they■■?

Cheers
AndyM

As somebody says everytime they post either here or PDA,
The 100% All American is 99% idiot!!! :laughing: :wink:

Click the Logo ![](http://hera.truck.net/trucker/new/rt-logo.gif) to go straight to the thread. :smiley:

Bump!

Hello is anyone home, talk about on another planet

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM does Homer Simpson spring to mind when reading these posts … Im sorry but it did with me

DOH!!!
And why do these YANKS always assume they won the [zb] war
LOL

Much as I share the sentiment, that wasn’t even trying to be subtle!L. :wink:

As a hobby angler I can quite honestly say that i have never had a bite as big as that one you chaps have laid the bait for!!! :open_mouth:

And on top of that i’m in the ■■■ coz of my internet bill just reading all the posts… but what the hell it was worth it :smiley:

Congratulations are in order guy’s,The post is now 3 pages long with 121 replies and 1721 views,leads the front page by miles :laughing: :smiley: :slight_smile: :wink:

i wonder how my scania thing went on i forgot to say it still god above 8 to the gallon

Bump! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I spent most of my youthfull driving life dreaming of driving a yank conventional. Since finding these truck forum and hearing what blokes that do drive them and also know the euro motors have to say, Im not at all impressed now, and feel lucky to be in a euro motor! They look the dogs I reckon, but it seems driver comfort aint a top priority over there.

Mal.

Like you Mal I spent my youth dreaming of these things.

I was severly disappointed when I got the chance to drive a custom built Pete… it was like sitting inside a Ford ■■■■■■ :cry: :cry:

cheers
STEVE.

It’s heating up again!..almost 4 pages now! :laughing:

Like a few people on here, I dreamt of driving a Kenworth in my younger days but having sat in a few cabs at truck shows,I’ve changed my mind.The cabs are cramped and the dials on the dashboard look like they’ve been thrown together by a 5 year old! The only exception that I’ve come across is the Volvo VN like the one that Cliff owns.I sat in one at Truckfest a couple of years ago and then got up and went for a 5 mile hike around the sleeper !! Brilliant motor.Its a pity they don’t allow them over here :frowning:

BryanH:
Like a few people on here, I dreamt of driving a Kenworth in my younger days but having sat in a few cabs at truck shows,I’ve changed my mind.The cabs are cramped and the dials on the dashboard look like they’ve been thrown together by a 5 year old! The only exception that I’ve come across is the Volvo VN like the one that Cliff owns.I sat in one at Truckfest a couple of years ago and then got up and went for a 5 mile hike around the sleeper !! Brilliant motor.Its a pity they don’t allow them over here :frowning:

Take it from someone who has driven a full sized KW with a very large sleeper. The trucks are the most unmanouverable piles of doggy doo ever, the sleepers are great but the actual cabs are rubbish, the are very narrow with old flat mirrors, reversing into tight spots is vertualy impossible unless going straight back. It is like going back in time 20 years when you get in one.

I have a Newish Volvo VN which although still not as manouverable as a European cabover is still far better than any chrome covered american built or designed truck.

I’d still rather have a Scania.

They do allow them over here. You just have to watch the trailer length. You’d end up with a full length rig, with only a short trailer on the back to still be legal. No way could you fit a full 45 footer on the back with such a huge cab. It’s why you don’t see many scanny t-cabs about, cabovers are shorter, the t-cabs tend to end up on bulkers, where the heavy trailer is short, but still carries full weight.

Pat Hasler:
Take it from someone who has driven a full sized KW with a very large sleeper. The trucks are the most unmanouverable piles of doggy doo ever, the sleepers are great but the actual cabs are rubbish, the are very narrow with old flat mirrors, reversing into tight spots is vertualy impossible unless going straight back. It is like going back in time 20 years when you get in one.

I could’nt have put it better meself! :slight_smile:

Why anybody in their right mind would want to drive ome of those dinosaurs is beyond me! :open_mouth: I guess it’s the people who have’nt driven one yet, they still have their rose tinted glasses on and have this romantic vision of US trucks in their heads. I have driven several ‘large cars’…KW, Pete etc, they are chrome covered ‘junk’ filled with outdated technology and have a turning circle worse than a submarine!