MAUT (again)

One for Neil or Johnny please.

Last week, I went to Germany and we dont use the blackbox on the uk fleet, so we book it over the internet or use a fuel card.

Anyway, I went in through Bad Bentheim and got my ticket and also the return as I can normally guess how long it would take me to tip.

Due to a problem in the dairy, I had to wait a couple of hours, so when I came back through the auto sensors I was over an hour late, does it really matter?

You technically didn’t have a valid Maut ticket so you could well be hearing from them. You should have visited a Maut terminal and cancelled the booked trip and re-booked it for the new time.

Coffeeholic:
You technically didn’t have a valid Maut ticket so you could well be hearing from them. You should have visited a Maut terminal and cancelled the booked trip and re-booked it for the new time.

Whoops :exclamation: Thanks for that,

I was looking for something on the TC site about delays or breakdowns.

Does this apply if you are held up in traffic too Neil?

Im going to Grimma on Monday so they might be waiting for me at Venlo :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:
Does this apply if you are held up in traffic too Neil?

Yes, however since it started they have increased the time allowed to do a journey and it would have to be a substantial delay to be a problem.

Looking at tickets I have here there is one from Aachen to Frankfurt, with a delivery in Cologne on the way, and it gave me a 12 hour window to do that. It took about 4 hours, including the delivery on the way down, so it would have been a very big delay to cause problems and having to cancel that journey and re-book it.

on this occasion I crossed the border at about 7.30 and it gave me 2 hours to get to my delivery. It actually took about 45 minutes.

For the return I allowed myself 2 hours to unload and booked it back at 10.30. However it was about 1330 when I crossed the border again, making me an hour late :open_mouth:

I will pick up a toll station map tomorrow :confused:

Wheel Nut:
I will pick up a toll station map tomorrow :confused:

Unless your office have got some, you’ll be lucky. They will give you a sheet of paper with contact details on it. You’ll have to phone and ask them to send you one, or a handful if everyone else needs one too.

They are still free, but it seems people were picking up a few every time they crossed a border and selling them on e-bay, so they have stopped giving them away at the border crossings. Unfortunately I don’t have the contact details to hand, but they are on the Toll Collect site.
Here is a link to the map of terminals page, to keep you going on with. Click on the Union flag on the right hand side of the page for the English translation.

ok the mout is valid as you can book three day in front of your trip i have been stoped by them and as long as you have got it thay can not touch you . i dont now if thay no what to look for . cos i give him the days befor and he said thats ok then i give him the one i had just got . thay just wont to make money . thay all it is .
the best thing is here in Germany thay asked the local people should thay charge truck thay all said yes but noe it has back fired cos thay wont to charge cars as well.but for cars it would be 100euro a year . thay dont like that idea .
you all have a nice day . spring in here in north Germany :slight_smile:

boost:
ok the mout is valid as you can book three day in front of your trip
[/quote]
True, but you still need to specify the time you will be starting the trip and that gives a time you must have completed the journey by. If you are on the road before the start time or after the end time then the Maut is invalid and you could be, or more likely wil be, fined.

i shouldn’t worry too much about it malc.
if you were not caught on the day the chances are you have escaped (you have personally escaped anyway).
if your truck was picked up by a working overhead gantry (it is claimed that only 10% are operational) then your employers (due to the fact they have registered for a toll collect card) will recieve a penalty notice through the post and this will contain details of the offence and the opportunity to reply (this must be done in german even though it doesn’t say so), it will also tell them how much the penalty is too.

my boss has one from 2005 which remains unpaid.

johnny:
my boss has one from 2005 which remains unpaid.

If the vehicle gets stopped in a control and on checking they discover the outstanding amount, the vehicle will be parked up until it has been paid. Happend to a colleague of mine and it caused him no end of delay and problems.

I am sussing it out again slowly. I just done three back to back trips to Ost Deutschland and worked out my autohof before I set off in the morning :stuck_out_tongue:

I did have to search a maut terminal out on wednesday, and found it between a chemist shop and a baker :exclamation:

Certainly anyone on multidrop would be advised to get a box fitted

Have you got a MAUT map yet Wheel Nut?

With the time they give you now, I set my out journey to finish at an Autohof near my last drop. Usualy somewhere in the East/South of Germany, it’ll give me till about tea-time Tuesday to get there. By then my boss will have my collections sorted, so its simply a case of going to the Autohof and sorting out my route back to the border. It’ll give me till late Wednesday evening to do that.

If I’m still in Germany by that time, I’ll have had a major problem and even more importantly, I’ll have missed the boat :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .

They really have extended the times, which makes booking the day much easier. I booked from the border at Venlo to Hannover Messe and it gave me ten hours to do the trip. I hung it out best I could but still did it in 4 hours. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

I didnt get a map yet Simon, but I have just been using the maps in the services and no one seems to mind :wink:

My planner suggested he might fit me a box or try to get my truck swapped for a LHD with a box in it.

There is also a strong rumour that the french want to introduce a similar system to the vignette as all German transit trucks are now using the nationals in France.

So much for the EU then and the "open"market and free movements of goods.

froggy:
So much for the EU then and the "open"market and free movements of goods.

There is an open market for goods, and they can move freely, as there are no customs controls at the borders and the driver no longer has to make custom clearances. Once something is cleared intio the EU it is in free circulation. Free movement doesn’t mean you don’t have to pay for the roads. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Spot on the mark,what do you pay when you leave a motorway in the UK,nothing,I do not pay anything as well because when I take a job I get a card and the firm pays for it.Ask an owner driver who has the free ride in the UK on the UK roads.EU trucks pay NOTHING not even tax on fuel because they buy it before the get to the UK,all I mean is the playing field should be level.To say only I want out the EU would be fair.

You can’t blame the foreign operators, or even the EU, for taking advantage of that. The Government here have had ample opportunity to introduce a road user charge but they keep postponing it with one excuse after another.

When the Maut in Germany was delayed for well over a year, I took full advantage of that. I did thousands of kilometres on their roads without paying anything, they had withdrawn from the vignette system by then, or buying fuel there.

I have bought virtually no fuel in the UK for 9 years and with the very small amount of VED I pay I haven’t exactly been paying my way here either. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
I didnt get a map yet Simon, but I have just been using the maps in the services and no one seems to mind :wink:

They do sell them at most Autohofs €15 ish if I remember correctly…I asked on the Maut website if they intended doing a csv file for tom tom etc and got a phone call from some German guy saying that the idea was good and they are now working on a free download for their web site :smiley: Time will tell
But in the mean time you can down load qa list of all teminals HERE

As Neil has mentioned, the times given to do the trip are plenty.

I booked a trip from Venlo to Leipzig and it gave me until around 11am the following day, so I just found an accomodating bar for the night and worried about the maut the next day :stuck_out_tongue:

Apart from it being expensive for the company, it gives me time to top up on bockwursten and coffee :smiley: