Maritime Transport

hi guys, im thinking about applying for a job with Maritime transport out of Hams Hall, any info would be great ie- whats the money like, the hours,nights out etc etc etc
also whats container work like as i have only ever done fridge work and i suppose i just fancy a change. thanks guys

A mate of mine works for them out of Southampton. Thinks they are ok. TM is great if you are up front and honest with him. 100% legal running, good kit.

He says he takes home anywhere between £350 - £450 per week.

I couldn’t personally do boxes as there is too much waiting around, it would do my head in. I much prefer to be busy. That said, buy yourself lots of books, a DVD player and no doubt the time will soon pass!

Top spec motors,Fridges and Microwaves in the new ones,parking paid for ,average take home anywhere between £430-£530 depending on hours /nights out what contract you go on etc you do get ■■■■■■ about a bit but that is like most container firms and when you start you more than likely will cab hop for a couple of weeks.long hours though if you dont mind it.

Great company to work for though,so I’ve heard :wink: :blush:

and being based at Hams hall you get the privilage of working out of ABP Rail Freight Terminal and Freightliner Birmingham itself both being really quick and efficient with commited and helpful staff :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hams Hall used to be great in the early days when it was just MSC boxes and those swap bodies, nowadays its just tolerable when I have the unfortunate task of tipping a box on there :smiling_imp:

applied there back in dec 06,and was given a wage sheet,drivers wage deal 06/07.

details as below:

guarantee 55 hrs £365
meal allowance 10

weekday o/t 9.25ph
inc 1st 5 hrs sat

weekend o/t 13.00ph

night out 22.00

holiday pay 375.00

draw bar 5hrs on g/tee

adr supplement £5.00 per occasion

night drivers do slightly better

g/tee 55hrs £480.00
meals 10.00
w/night o/t 9.80ph
wk/end o/t 13.25

hol pay £490.00

hope this helps.

if anyone has access to a fax machine i will fax it to you.

mark.

Guarentee for 55hrs is upto £390 and holiday pay is also up.for which you get 4 weeks + bank holidays

Apparently

Good outfit .I did 18 months ,couldn’t help putting the boot into a TM & some kind of wannabe FX chief at Xmas ,then left. Throwback from the Army days; Xmas you could thump the NCO’s & get away with it

good firm good kit reasonable money just don,t step out of line

or they will get rid

:open_mouth: :cry:

gonzothejaffa1:

or they will get rid

are you speaking from experiance or are you still there. :question:

jessicas dad:

gonzothejaffa1:

or they will get rid

are you speaking from experiance or are you still there. :question:

experience

theres a big advert in www.jobstoday.co.uk for leeds area.

i cant see the advert for maritime.

Its 4inch by 4inch in the paper edition, and theres a mobile number to ring the transport manager but i threw it away, i only bouight it Saturday so go to a newsagents.

mr bluecity:
hi guys, im thinking about applying for a job with Maritime transport out of Hams Hall,

I’ve got no info on Hams Hall, but I’ve met 15(ish) of their Southampton guys. TBH, I haven’t heard a single complaint.

ave a look on the website maritimetransport.co.uk/hamshall.cfm

there is a number on there give em a bell

the comaany is fairly good to work for but i will keep my opinion’s to myself about certain people in the managment team :imp: :sunglasses:

We got DHL chuck-outs in FX.

Ive done a bit of work for maritime in avonmouth and know quite a few of their drivers.seems ok to me,basic money is ok,but the nature of the job means lots of overtime and nights out.parking and truckwashes are on account,and they’ve got decent kit thats well maintained.having so many trucks means they chop n change your days work to fit around problems that may occur.The office staff in avonmouth are ok,but ive met some in southampton and tilbury who are ignorant to say the least.i think some depots lack the personal touch and treat you as a number,but thats a big company for ya.