Maritime hams hall interview

Hi all ,

just a quick one i have a interview with maritime hams hall , just wanted to know the unsual on what they like to work for , pay .
i haven’t done containers before so thats gonna be new one for me :open_mouth: , the job is for days .

cheers guys anything will help. :smiley:

Sorry can’t help Jason

But I would be interested in hearing how you got/get on

Thanks SD

I work on days at another depot crack here is as follows. £500 pw for 11 hours a day then 10.25 ph OT. Lots of sitting on bays so need a good book or laptop. Pretty local on days starts between 0400-0700. Company uniform and pension and death in service pay out to NOK. Generally good to work for And a good job. They are realy on top of green band driving and no idoling which you get a bonus for at the end of the year. Hope this helps.

cheers guys ,

i got the job ,but decided it wasn’t for me ,he did tell me about the idling no more than two minutes and keep turning on & off even when you need to get air pressure up, long days nights out ,so i’m gonna stay self-employed , starting at euro packaging on the 29th may yardley . :smiley:

I’m sorry to hijack this thread, does anyone know if Maritime are strict on the “must live 10 miles from base” rule? Seen a job near me but I’m about 15 miles or half an hour drive away.

jason74:
cheers guys ,

i got the job ,but decided it wasn’t for me ,he did tell me about the idling no more than two minutes and keep turning on & off even when you need to get air pressure up, long days nights out ,so i’m gonna stay self-employed , starting at euro packaging on the 29th may yardley . :smiley:

Id have turned it down too, sounds like too much red tape to put up with for not much money…

NewLad:
I’m sorry to hijack this thread, does anyone know if Maritime are strict on the “must live 10 miles from base” rule? Seen a job near me but I’m about 15 miles or half an hour drive away.

Ask I cannot seem them being that ■■■■

NewLad:

They ask that you live no more than 20 miles from the depot.

NewLad:

Go for it. When I worked there it was 40 miles