Main Dealer Parts Pricing

as the title says really :unamused:

i phoned a parts supplier that i regularly use for the price and availability of a propshaft centre bearing for one of my DAF XF’s yesterday, they quoted me £138 +VAT and they would even deliver it to my office for free :smiley:

after that call, i made another one to the local main dealer, for the same part, they quoted me £365 +VAT :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

when i questioned the price and told them i only wanted one, not three, she didn’t sound too impressed :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

i then told her that i had been quoted £138 for the same part elsewhere, she said “yes, but that is a non genuine part”

she then enquired if i would be happy with a non genuine part, if i was, she would see how much she could get one for.

well, when she got back to me, she told me that she could get one for £155 +VAT, but it was non genuine made by a company called Kline

the thing is, the genuine DAF part is made by a company called Kline :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

so, they can get exactly the same part, made by the same company, on the same production line, possibly even by the same person and nearly treble the price

she liked it even less when i asked them how much they would charge me for a DAF packaging box to put the “non genuine” part in, well, i did ask if it was going to be £210 for it, as that seems to be the going rate for that bearing :unamused: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

So, F&S Leicester, you ■■■■■■■ bunch of thieving gypsy ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■ scumbag ■■■■■■■■■ well done :unamused: £210 for a ■■■■■■■ cardboard box for ■■■■■ sake :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

now i know where to get my parts from you robbing bunch of ■■■■■!!!

p.s.

i already knew this was the case, i just wanted to get it off my chest :wink:

i know the feeling, have you seen main dealer prices for daf air valves. must admit they are quality boxes though :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

all you pay for is the name

black knight:
i know the feeling, have you seen main dealer prices for daf air valves. must admit they are quality boxes though :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

EBS Modulator Valve

DAF £685
HGV Direct £380

Load Sensing Valve

DAF £400
HGV Direct £195

Clutch Pack

DAF £395
HGV Direct £190

the list is endless and the only difference is the box it comes in

the clutch pack from DAF is made by Kronesburg (sp) (stamped on it) and comes in a DAF box
the clutch pack from HGV Direct is made by Kronesburg (stamped on it) and comes in a Kronesburg box :unamused:

Do you do all the work your self?

the majority of it, yes, i do it myself, why do you ask?

the main reason i do most of it is, my labour rates are cheaper than theirs :wink:

i don’t charge myself £80 +VAT per hour :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

shuttlespanker:

I was just wondering if you use the Daf dealer :stuck_out_tongue:
I know what you mean about the parts priceing though, we had a step on our Actros knocked off and we bought a non-genuine step for around £150 i think, which is still expensive for a bit of plastic but you can imagine how much Merc would have charged.
Then i managed to break a scew off in it :blush: :blush: :blush: so we had to drill it out :unamused: :laughing: :neutral_face:

removalboy:

shuttlespanker:

I know what you mean about the parts priceing though, we had a step on our Actros knocked off and we bought a non-genuine step for around £150 i think, which is still expensive for a bit of plastic but you can imagine how much Merc would have charged.
Then i managed to break a scew off in it :blush: :blush: :blush: so we had to drill it out :unamused: :laughing: :neutral_face:

Merc arn’t such ripoff merchants, If thats the complete fiberglass composite thingy that makes up the bottom two steps and the front part of the wheel arch, they’re £180 from merc.
I put some new cab shockers on my last truck, I took one off and took it to the local fleet factors, I had to put the [zb]ing thing back on because they couldn’t get one straight away, it took them two weeks to track down the right one from sasha in a Sasha box, £125.
I asked how much they were next time I was at Merc Warrington, £125, and they were in stock, Doh :unamused:

Big Joe:

removalboy:

shuttlespanker:

Merc arn’t such ripoff merchants, If thats the complete fiberglass composite thingy that makes up the bottom two steps and the front part of the wheel arch, they’re £180 from merc.

Yeah that’s the bit. The non-genuine step came as plastic and the step light wouldn’t fit so we had to glue it in. :unamused: Maybe not such a good deal this time. :neutral_face:

Slightly different scenario Spanky, but the result is the same…

I have a 406 HDi and they have a dual mass flywheel which usually needs repalcing circa 80k. If you don’t catch them, they can cause untold damage to the engine, but they usually tick tick as they are on their way out.

So 50k ago, mine started the tick tick and I got one from the local dealer at a cost of £165 inc vat. A couple of weeks later, I happened to be delivering to GSF in Leeds, and happened to mention what I had paid, to which the geezer behind the counter promptly produced the exact same wheel, marked Peugeot but a mere £70 cheaper because it was in a plain white box. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I asked how it could work out cheaper, and was it an inferior part, to which he told me that it’s made at the same place as the dealer one, but because it’s not destined for the dealer network, it can’t be put into a Peugeot box.

My car currently has 131k on it, and will be due another in 29k. Guess where I’ll be going?

Ken.

mind you, the parts for DAF are still cheaper than parts for Scania :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAF XF Clutch pack £295 (got it wrong in previous post)
Scania clutch pack £342

:grimacing: :grimacing: scania are doing well on most bits these days they seem to be matching or near enough matching factor suppliers, unless you go to scania leeds then you need to mortage you house and sell your grandmothers used tights and pants :grimacing: no spanky you need not apply for the used items :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
scania clutch and pack fitted £900 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Daz, that price was not from Scania, they were comparitive prices for the same part, the clutch pack (servo) from HGV Direct, it was a like for like comparison

spank u aint even got a scania funny why you would want to check parts for a scania■■? or are you going to x overe to the right side of trucks then :grimacing: and buy a proper motor :grimacing: :grimacing:

now go sit in the corner booty spanky and write out 20,000 times , I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER TRUCK!!! :grimacing:

my boss just paid £327 for a complete airdrier for a cf daf form the local main agent (norscot abdn)
local factor wanted £405 for exactly the same thing.

Renault will price match against non-genuine parts :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: ( well they did on a step panel recently :blush: )

I don’t think i have ever bought any part for mine from a dealer

1. to expensive
  2. to expensive
  3. is there really that much difference between genuine and none genuine? (except the price :smiley: )

shuttlespanker:
mind you, the parts for DAF are still cheaper than parts for Scania :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAF XF Clutch pack £295 (got it wrong in previous post)
Scania clutch pack £342

just put a clutch pack in my scania, £210 for genuine one, not sure where you get £342 from :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

There is no price list for parts; there is flexibility in the price depending on how much the dealer wants to make on the part. Some people will agree discount on parts as part of an R&M contract, others are good at hagling!! :smiley:

Parts are made by very few companies, they then make them for the big guys; you pay for the manufacturer’s name - e.g MAN TGA Rear Lamp without ‘MAN’ on it but sold to you via a motor factor instead of MAN is 40% cheaper list! :sunglasses:

just had clutch in one of my fh volvos, £820 plus vat at crossroads birstall. however it was free fitting