Main Dealer Parts Pricing

yorkshireborn:
just had clutch in one of my fh volvos, £820 plus vat at crossroads birstall. however it was free fitting

i think you are talking about the clutch plate, i am referring to the clutch pack, which is the slave cylinder/servo or whatever else people call it, the one that bolts onto the bottom of the transmission and operates the lever for the thrust bearing to push the clutch plate

Got a genuine Scania brake caliper and chamber last week for a lot less than the best factor quote. Well done Scania Normanton :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

gearbox hi/lo valve went at I mmingham, DAFAID sent out Imperial from Grimsby…10 miles. Valve £125… there 35 minutes.

invoice landed from F&G
last week £500.
£230 labour!
£80 ‘admin’

needless to say it’s in the ‘dispute’ cupboard…do they think we’re all born yesterday?

hell will freeze before I pay that bugger. :smiling_imp:

madders:
gearbox hi/lo valve went at I mmingham, DAFAID sent out Imperial from Grimsby…10 miles. Valve £125… there 35 minutes.

invoice landed from F&G
last week £500.
£230 labour!
£80 ‘admin’

needless to say it’s in the ‘dispute’ cupboard…do they think we’re all born yesterday?

hell will freeze before I pay that bugger. :smiling_imp:

if that is the valve on the side of the gearbox with 1 inlet and 2 outlet pipes and a little one on the side, then that was cheap for the valve, F&S Leicester wanted £175 for the same valve a few years ago :smiling_imp:

yeah right…cheap valve…£230/hour labour!

madders:
yeah right…cheap valve…£230/hour labour!

what was that, an hour to get there, an hour fitting the valve and an hour home ? is there a cafe between the dealers and Immingham :wink:

shuttlespanker:

yorkshireborn:
just had clutch in one of my fh volvos, £820 plus vat at crossroads birstall. however it was free fitting

i think you are talking about the clutch plate, i am referring to the clutch pack, which is the slave cylinder/servo or whatever else people call it, the one that bolts onto the bottom of the transmission and operates the lever for the thrust bearing to push the clutch plate

my point is that i could get the clutch kit for around 60% of volvo’s price. however the ‘free fitting’ (paid for by over charging for parts and volvo subsidising it) brought the cost back down to being nearly the same as my maintenance provider could do the job for.