Low loaders

Is it the law to have 20 orange flashing lights, fog lights and main beam on when you are carrying something on the back?
I have pretty good vision, i dont need 20+ lights telling me you are coming the opposite way i am pretty sharp :wink:
Sticking my middle finger up and twirling it does not seem to make them switch them off :confused:

They don’t need to be loaded either. and another thing, when are VOSA going to start fining these idiots with bikes on the back, covering their lights.

I thought you only needed orange flashing lights front and rear when carrying an out of gauge load.

bubsy06:
Is it the law to have 20 orange flashing lights, fog lights and main beam on when you are carrying something on the back?
I have pretty good vision, i dont need 20+ lights telling me you are coming the opposite way i am pretty sharp :wink:
Sticking my middle finger up and twirling it does not seem to make them switch them off :confused:

Light envy is a terrible thing…

AlexWignall:

bubsy06:

Light envy is a terrible thing…

Is it? I dont keep my xmas tree up all year so I am sure I dont have light envy.
I never have my front fogs on even if it is foggy, hardly ever use my main beam as the standard headlights illuminate the road sufficiently, never have any lights on in the day unless there is low cloud or spray.
Seems like these drivers were ignored by there parents when the were young and are trying to make up for it now, sad thing is most people just think they are ■■■■■ for having all these lights on :frowning: :unamused: :laughing:

Rob K:

Is a down syndrome Richard Hamond paying you to post that pic?

Rob K:

Shouldn’t that be

Oh Look ROBs found another vaguely amusing pic to continually post

pah, what drama queen :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

billybigrig:

Rob K:

Shouldn’t that be

Oh Look ROBs found another vaguely amusing pic to continually post

pah, what drama queen :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes you are correct! It is the latest addition to my collection and you will be seeing a lot more of it :laughing: .

if you think low loaders are playing “billy big balls” then look at the ■■■■ in AA vans towing a Mini with all their numpty lights on ■■? why! ? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

The simple reasons are:-

1. They have very small “endownments”

2. It makes them feel “special”…ie, Special Needs

3. When they were young children, their parents couldn’t afford electricity for lighting

4. They have very few friends, and no social life

5. To make the rest of us laugh

More importantly, could they sweep the crap off the low loader floor before moving off?

truckerspal:

3. When they were young children, their parents couldn’t afford electricity for lighting

I think this hit’s the nail on the head :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lycanthrope:
if you think low loaders are playing “billy big balls” then look at the ■■■■ in AA vans towing a Mini with all their numpty lights on ■■? why! ? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

haha

londonerupnorth:

truckerspal:

I think this hit’s the nail on the head :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes I can confirm all of the above :laughing:

I find it amusing when you see two in convoy during the day, one with main beam on, spotlights, foglights everything flashing and the other one has no lights on at all, you’d think his mate would tell the one with the light show to pack it in :confused:

When I was a trainee plant op I spent most of my time in the recycling yard, where we were given a good mixture of old nails, demos and machines in between jobs so a visit from the firms’ low loader was very common; As a general rule, beacons were used on 360 excavators above 16tonnes weight (presumably on width grounds). I know when I went out on hire with a Komatsu PC 210 of either dash3 or dash5 vintage beacons were used on the low loader. In this respect I cant understand why low loader drivers need beacons for a sole JCB 3cx and the machine drivers’ van :confused:

We never bother with 13 / 14 tonne machines as they are only a bit wider than the trailer. With the 20 / 22 tonne machines our driver usually does use beacons. I may or may not depending on where I’m going, double carriageways seem a bit pointless but single carriageways and built up areas it is useful so people know you need a bit more room.

And occasionally sometimes you forget to turn them off so you end running empty looking like Blackpool seafront.

bubsy06:
…never have any lights on in the day unless there is low cloud or spray…

Why when there’s low cloud? Are you expecting aircraft to start making instrument approaches onto the motorway or something?

For spray and fog and so on I can understand…but for low cloud?

Many reasons

Firstly, we’re the best looking and that’s why we draw your attention to our gorgeousness :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp:

Secondly, the lights are timed to strobe in such a way that they hypnotise the VOStApo into not spotting how grossly overweight you are. :blush: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Thirdly, I like to put all my lights on - strobes, high bar, low bar, whirlys and front spots just to draw your attention to my cab and the fact that my curtains are standard and stored correctly. I have neither a pelmet, tassles or shelf in the windscreen. That kind of junk is for sad truck tarts :unamused: :unamused: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: