Lost.........and found

I would just like to thank the driver who picked up and handed in my mobile phone at Washington Services Southbound this morning. Your honesty and kindness is very much appreiciated. Safe driving.

Its amazing how honest some people are.

I was in South London in a high rise estate near Loughborough Junction one summer night, was working as a motorbike courier.

At the time was in the process of moving flat, i had an envelope with my driving licence, passport, birth certificate, and about £400 in cash. Was using a payphone, this was years ago. Had written a number down on the envelope and was calling it.

Driving away about 20mins later stoped for ■■■■, discovered i’d left the envelope in the phone box, rushed back this was a good 40mins later went into the phone box the envelope was gone, thought i’m screwed lost all my documents and lost part of the deposit for my flat.

These bunch of dodgy looking teens, look like a bunch of gangster shouted at me and started walking towards me, thought great gonna get a kicking as well as loosing my stuff. This one guy walks up said you looking for this, i said yeah, he said there you go. All the money and documents in it, i offered them some cash and they refused, i said well do you drink i can go to the off licence and get you guys some beers really saved my life finding my stuff, they said no its ok and wandered off.

Was shocked cause all you ever here about these days espec in bad areas is how bad teenagers are.

I found an I phone on the coach, called ‘the misses’ in the phonebook and arranged to drop it off. She asked for my home address and I got a thankyou card in the post with a tenner in it. :smiley:

She truely couldn’t believe someone would actually hand it in.

I was on a services years ago with ma dad got out the cab had a wander round truck and noticed a flat smashed mobile phone, it was an old phone that had obviously been drove over, anyway i picked it up took it in the cab, and rcovered what was left of it which was the SIM card and put it in my phone to see if we could contact the owners anyway 5 mins later it beeped and said i had an answerphone message, it was off the owners missus who wanted us to ring them back if the phone is found, so rang them back explained we found it smashed to pieces on the truck park and they said to put the SIM in the post, did that didnt get a thank you off the phone or in a letter.

sam

You always see a few Hi Vis vests and the all time classic the single shoe :laughing: :laughing:
A good few years ago when i was stopped at traffic lights in Edinburgh i noticed a chequebook lying on the road so i jumped out and picked it up when i opened it i found it was for a business and many large cheques had benn paid out i handed it in to my local nick and a few days later i got a very nice thankyou letter and a £25 cheque for my honesty from the businessman.It is nice to be appreciated :slight_smile: