A big THANK YOU.

To whoever it was that handed my wallet in at the stockyard truckstop last night. I woke up this morning after eating and showering there to find that is lost it while I was in there. Felt sick as it has everything in there like cards, cpc, receipts etc.

Obviously whoever it was may not browse on here but either way cheers. I honestly believe that in general truckers are some of the most genuine and honest people about.

Good to hear.

Pleased to hear you got you wallet back, I know that stomach churning moment when you can’t find your wallet.

However I believe there are far more honest and caring people around than those who’d take a chance to help themselves if they found a lost wallet etc, and this has been backed up by the people I know who have commented on their surprise when their wallet, ■■■■■, phone has been returned after being found by some average member of the public. :smiley:

Quite common to lose ones wallet after an evening with ‘Stockyard Sally’ or even ‘Stockyard Steve’. Both rumoured to be the same person.

Fair doos to the honest chap or chapess who found it.

I “lost” mine a few years ago. Had hired a wagon to move some boats to Nottingham from Norfolk, my mate brought the wagon back after my second trip.

It wasn’t until a few days later I needed my wallet that I couldn’t find it. Panicked and started calling round. Bank stopped cards, rang hire company, wagon was out on hire and when it came back it was going out again but would be back by the Monday.

Rang them again on the Monday, it was in Yarmouth in the depot there. Got meself over there and wallet was still inside in full view of anyone that was in the cab. Still had all cards and even all the cash was there.

Relieved, you bet I was. :smiley:

Herself left her handbag in the cafe on Keele MSA. We had kept the receipt, fortunately, with the phone number on it, and rang them. Yes, one of the staff had found it and handed it in. We returned the 40 miles to fetch it and offered a tenner for the honest staff member, but this was refused as “she had only her job”.

There are good people in the world. The trouble is that they tend to be overshadowed by the ■■■■■■■■■■■

after night out in Folkestone woke up to find I had lost my wallet + passport I was heading over the water after about an hour of plucking up the courage to phone the boss my mobile rang it was the manager at Cambridge services say someone had found them and handed them in still had to phone boss say I was going back for them but not as bad as job being cancelled

multiman:
after night out in Folkestone woke up to find I had lost my wallet + passport I was heading over the water after about an hour of plucking up the courage to phone the boss my mobile rang it was the manager at Cambridge services say someone had found them and handed them in still had to phone boss say I was going back for them but not as bad as job being cancelled

Remind me not to go on a night with you if you can do a night out with no wallet!!!