Lorry cleaning

How much would you pay or would you pay for your lorry to be cleaned in somebodys yard while getting unloaded/loaded. Im asking as we get the odd lorry come to are yard and i always feel like asking to clean it.
Also how much would you pay for a car valet as i did my neighbers for £25 and he paid me an extra £5 and asked me to do his other one so was thinking of putting some leaflets or something in peoples doors.I no you can get a profesional job for around £100 so is my price to low or to high.
:smiley: :smiley:

for a average and it is average wash “where the eyes can see anyway” it is anything from £10~£16 ish,

had a professional on done on my audi other day 25quid, and he used everything on it looked brand new, til i went through a lane which some kind farmer went through before me with ■■■■■ :slight_smile:

Good thread Removalboy, will be interesting to see this.

I have been thinking of asking around local yards if I can get a Saturday job cleaning the trucks, but H&S is so pathetic these days that its not worth it. :imp:

Good job with your neighbour!! Good idea with leaflets too.

All the other drivers that go to your yard can only say no, so well worth asking. Why not clean all your Dads stuff for a tenner each? :laughing:

Your lucky to have a Dad that owns a few trucks!! :smiley:

Benni.

Benni:
Why not clean all your Dads stuff for a tenner each? :laughing:

Your lucky to have a Dad that owns a few trucks!! :smiley:

Benni.

I am lucky as i probably wouldn’t have ever thought about joining this industry. :smiley:
Also i do keep the 5 vans and 5 lorries clean but i would be lucky to get a tenner. :unamused: :laughing:

removalboy:
Also i do keep the 5 vans and 5 lorries clean but i would be lucky to get a tenner. :unamused: :laughing:

i be asking the drivers for a few extra quid mate :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: when i did removals it was my job as the driver to clean my truck with the porters help of course :wink:

delboytwo:

removalboy:

i be asking the drivers for a few extra quid mate :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: when i did removals it was my job as the driver to clean my truck with the porters help of course :wink:

Are drivers aren’t assigned to lorries though.

removalboy:
Are drivers aren’t assigned to lorries though.

the firm i worked had 5 truck and i could be driving any of them, on return to yard the truck had to be washed and checked and readied for next job so in the morning no driver had to worry about any thing all done night before worked fine for me and the rest, as there say i would not want to get in a dirty truck why leave it for someone else to do it

removalboy:
How much would you pay or would you pay for your lorry to be cleaned in somebodys yard while getting unloaded/loaded. Im asking as we get the odd lorry come to are yard and i always feel like asking to clean it.
Also how much would you pay for a car valet as i did my neighbers for £25 and he paid me an extra £5 and asked me to do his other one so was thinking of putting some leaflets or something in peoples doors.I no you can get a profesional job for around £100 so is my price to low or to high.

if you go for leaflets I used to use a co called Fairprint very reasonable price if I remember correct £54 for 5000 A5 full colour double sided inc delivery

best price that I could find bar none

My brother does a paper round kind of thing so i was thinking of letting him hand some out. :smiley: :wink:

Removalboy, what do you use to clean the trucks/vans?

Mike-C:
Removalboy, what do you use to clean the trucks/vans

water a good start ,sorry Mike could not resist that one :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing:

delboytwo:

Mike-C:
Removalboy, what do you use to clean the trucks/vans

water a good start ,sorry Mike could not resist that one :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike-C:

What do you mean and why? :confused: :open_mouth:

removalboy:

Mike-C:

What do you mean and why? :confused: :open_mouth:

i thimk Mike means what detergant do you use, and also do you use a brush or sponge

and Mike, i think it is a little bit out of your way to get your truck cleaned there :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Aha i see.We have got some TFR that’s got the wax shine stuff in it and i use a brush. :smiley:

removalboy:
Aha i see.We have got some TFR that’s got the wax shine stuff in it and i use a brush. :smiley:

some people, who like to look after their trucks, don’t use a brush on the paint as it scratches the surface, so, they always use a sponge

its a good idea removalboy,the going rate roughly in truckwashes and the like for a transporter is around £20-£30 which consits of a quick runaround and missing more than they clean!!.40 footers tend to go for around the same,and as the size decreases obviuosly so does the cost.
i have got a mobile one operating in the north east,and the only thing i would be very careful of is health and safety and even more so environmental health.they are very hot on detergents used,but more so waste.your yard must have receptors fitted to the drainage system before you are allowed to wash any vehicles using detergent.if not you must use a ehs approved capture system.the fines for putting detergents into non authorised systems is huge.
and dont forget about the taxman,to do it properly you would need account books,invoice system and such like.its ok doing it for a bit of pocket money,but if the powers that be find out,they could be asking for a substantial wedge. :frowning: .
apart from this i wish you luck.hope it works out for ya.

shuttlespanker:

removalboy:

some people, who like to look after their trucks, don’t use a brush on the paint as it scratches the surface, so, they always use a sponge

the firm i worked for used to use a window cleaning sponge

What an enterprising lad, well done Removalboy!

Get some posters made for your yard, get some cheap flyers & business cards (somewhere like vistaprint.co.uk).

Target your customers - small Co’s & O/Ds who may not have their own decent wash facilities

Price realistically - £20 - £30 for truck wash, £15 for a large van & £10 for a car/small van, anything upto £50 - £100 for a full valet!

Be responsible, as has been said you must take this seriously & treat it like any other business.

Good luck to you!