LPW truckwash

the ones on the motorway services, anyone know what they charge? i.e artic and curtainsider, or just the cab in the case of someone maybe pulling a container?

£25 for an artic I think.

£24.50 at the one near us for an artic and it’s ALWAYS busy!

it is about £25 for whatever trailer you have on. i used to get the unit done for £12 but they didnt like doing it.

i always use the anti clock clacket lane one not sure what the price is, as always pay by red fuel card
:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

£25?!?!? That much and half of em don’t even do a decent job of it, wish thay had self service ones like the jet wash you have for cars at some petrol stations :slight_smile:

Grayham:
£25?!?!? That much and half of em don’t even do a decent job of it, wish thay had self service ones like the jet wash you have for cars at some petrol stations :slight_smile:

No thanks, when I look at filthy, soaking and miserable truck washers from the warmth of my cab in mid-December I always think “How on earth do they find anyone to do that job?”

Harry Monk:

Grayham:

No thanks, when I look at filthy, soaking and miserable truck washers from the warmth of my cab in mid-December I always think “How on earth do they find anyone to do that job?”

The only decent jetwash I ever found in the UK was at Tebay over the cattle grid

Had mine done yesterday at rownhams services,think it was £17.00 (3 axle rigid and crane) not a bad job,would of done better myself but it was not me getting wet and cold! and having to set up cleaner machine etc so well worth the 17.00.

We have our vehicles cleaned at the new one at Donington Park services. They have done a good job when i have been through.

Crapett lane anti clock will do a quikky unit only for a tenner cash!! :smiley:

Shhh dont tell loads of people. :wink:

just found an old flyer that fell out of Roadway

The Roadway offer ( ran out 30/10/09!) was
Artic Bulker £39
Artic Draw Bar £24
Artic Unit & Skel Tr £16
Artic Unit Tr/Tank £19
Car Transporter £16
Rigid £16
Rigid Dropside/Flat £13
Tipper £21
Trailer Wash In/Out £16
Unit Only £16
Van £10
Van Luton £12

They claim this is Up to 16% lower than standard tariffs

Never heard of this before…

My truck could do with a good wash…and if they take Keyfuels…

Will enquire of the company tomorrow whether they pay for this…as far as i know, we only have one depot with our own jetwash and that is Southampton…

lpw at lymm is a good truck wash not sure on price cause we have an account with lpw just dont use immingham there rubbish only half a job. :unamused:

The best one is the original one at Thurrock, all of the others seem to be half-arsed franchaised efforts who run up and down the trailer with some Heath-Robinson contraption powered by a lawn-mower engine which doesn’t actually seem to do very much.

Silvertown, Lymm, Purfleet and Manchester are spot on, how about the others? where is the waste water and detergent going, down the rain water sewer?

Wheel Nut:
where is the waste water and detergent going, down the rain water sewer?

I believe all vehicle washes have to recycle their own water nowadays.

Harry Monk:

Wheel Nut:

Leicester Forest seem to use the normal storm drains, but I am willing to be edumacated

I use the one at Detling Aerodrome Ind Estate.

Good job,and always get a smile from the lady in the office.

Harry Monk:

Wheel Nut:

Yeah…Thurrock does, its why my motor comes out worse than when it went in, well the windows do.