Benney:
Hello im new the form

am just looking for some old lorries number plates are

Scania 144 460 P484 TRL was P100 GOT
also
Scania 113 380 M156 PCF

if you know anything about them please tell me

Thank You :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi there Benney, i dont surpose you know where YAF 888 J is Volvo F88 16 speed box or may be YCV - - - J Scania 110 super or MYD 809 E Albion super clydesdale rigid or maybe RAD 556 G rigid boxvan ERF . If you got any pics of any of these old motors get scanning and put them on here regards John Davies alias ( Buzzer ) or maybe you still runnin them.

dont still run them but will have a look for you

but got a old seddon 7015 MC

Benney:

Are you any thing to do with Richard Benney, your not Robert are you ? I am John Davies aka Davies Int. Transport. Southampton.

Buzzer:

Benney:

Are you any thing to do with Richard Benney, your not Robert are you ? I am John Davies aka Davies Int. Transport. Southampton.

yea richards my grandad and roberts my father haha :smiley:

Well theres a thing,i made a visit last year to there yard after 38 years, your grandad got me a driving course in 1973 and the training vehicle was based in Groses yard not sure if W.H or N.J but anyway i went on to take my test in Redruth and that night after passing i was up the road in VWN 475 H which was a GUY big J 180 gardner engine. It took me a while to get used to the speed of the thing not cos it was fast but the opposite, in those days with no bypasses it took four hours to get to Exeter.Anyway you get your dad or grandad to dig out some pics and get them on here, and if you havent got a scanner get them to buy you one they arnt that expensive and they can put it down to office expenditure,would be nice to see some pics from cornwall as there are not to many on here,speak soon John Davies.
PS. Have a look at our thread on here Davies International Transport with pictures.

Hiya i would.nt mind a photo of a R&O ERF…WCV126J it come to stoke in the 70s i had her for a few trips
when i worked at harrisons of milton
John

3300John:
Hiya i would.nt mind a photo of a R&O ERF…WCV126J it come to stoke in the 70s i had her for a few trips
when i worked at harrisons of milton
John

Hi 3300john, i remember Richards and Osbourne they were quite a big outfit in those days and had lots of local tippers as well as the fleet that did long distance. I remember a cafe on the old road between Exeter and Bristol, there was a long long layby created by a road straightening project opposite, and next to the cafe was a pub so was a favourite overnight stop. In the mornings they would start them old gardner engines up and leave to warm up while walking across the road for breakfast, it looked like a hayrick was on fire from a distance as they used to smoke bad when cold,another mary hopkin moment. There is a cornish site on trucknet some where in the depths so have a twawl you may get lucky with the picture your after, regards Buzzer.