London olympics

anyone know where u can park overnite near to the site,as im down there mon and tues,ive read on tnet somewhere u can park at spitalfields market but cant find the link anywhere on the overnight parking forum.

Nothing specific mentioned about detail but it does mention lorry park.

http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/corporation/LGNL_Services/Business/Markets/New+Spitalfields+Market/

Gotta be worth a phone call

you can park at spitalfields but to get into the olympics you need to book in first somewhere on the M11 i think

welshboyinspain:
you can park at spitalfields but to get into the olympics you need to book in first somewhere on the M11 i think

The marshalling area is on the M11 southbound about 5miles from the end of it, there are big blue signs giving directions to it all around the east end.
Don’t think you can park there overnight but gotta feeling that it opens at 5am and you have book in there and then you are sent on as and when your load is required. I think it all depends on what you are delivering and to which part of the Olympic site you are going too but also think there might be be more than one marshalling area, again depending on what & where within the site :question:

Not sure if this procedure applies if you are visiting the site with a crane or Hiab vehicle to spend a couple of days moving stuff around. There’s definitely a couple of fellas on here who visit the place regulary and will know the ins & outs of visiting better than I do. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Regards
Dave Penn;

cheers for replys,yes im booked in,we do go in there a lot its just this weeks its a funny one got 3 drops in different bits of site,then go bak in tuesday mid morning and pick sum other stuff up thats wrong,and theres no where round there to park up,will try spitalfields like u say it does say lorry park on there website,dont fancy a side street round stratford!!
thanks again eveyone.

if your stuck pull off at Harlow (last junc before OP logistics centre) and there is a couple of laybys just off the roundabout or failing that pull up to edinburgh way you can park around there i have and never had any probs