Where To Park near Brixton?

Evening all, im doing a delivery to Brixton Academey Thursday morning 8am, then got to park up until around 3am Friday morning.
Im after somewhere close or close-ish to Brixton to park for the duration.
Any ideas?? Ive been told Covent Garden could be a possibility(if so do you know the name of the road i would need to enter on?), or anywhere else as long as its half decent. cost is not an issue as i get the money back from my boss. if i cant find anywhere i may even shack down to Clackett Lane as a last resort!
Im leaving around dinner time tomorrow (Wednesday) so any replies before then would be grateful, any replies after will be too late as i will not have my laptop with me, cheers in advance.

is the lorry park still open in peckham.

well its called a lorry and coach park… but no facitys except a tree.

Peckham lorry park closed many years ago,

To b perfectly honest and knowing the area very well, get the hell right out

drop down the A23, pick up the A22 towards the M25 and there are couple of big layby’s before you hit the motorway, I think one has a snack van in…

Its not much, but I would not reccomend spending the night down the side of the Academy or any where in the surrounding area, the A22 layby is the best of a bad job I am afraid

Cheers for replies, cant remember a lorry park at Peckham, sounds ropey! but i wont be stopping in a lay-by for 18-ish hours! Prob end up down Clackett Lane i reckon, i could be there for dinner-time Thursday until 1 or 2am Friday morning, so im sure i will get a space and not have to park in the bus bays :open_mouth: Better the devil you know i suppose…

is the lorry park in catford still open ■■

from brixton head back to vauxhall bridge
the market is on nine elms road
not far from battersea power station it is sign posted looks safe and secure ( mate has parked there when doing filming )

Thanks for replies, will let you know when i get home Friday nite or Saturday morning how it went.

What band are you lugging around then??

brixton-academy.co.uk/listings.php

Its a gig you would kill to be on!! :laughing:
PS. Heston would have been nearer. Covent Garden is pretty loud after 2200hrs until at least midday.

brixton-academy.co.uk/listings.php

Its a gig you would kill to be on!! :laughing:
PS. Heston would have been nearer. Covent Garden is pretty loud after 2200hrs until at least midday.

new covent garden market mate, 20 quid i think it is for 24 hours, sainsburys the other side and the tube nearby, i parked there, security are ok and keep and eye on the truck, i went into the city and wandered to the cabinet war rooms, very interesting!!

give me a bell if your not sure mate

Thu 20 Mar: Carling Academy Brixton
XFM’s Big Night Out

Featuring XFM DJ’s and live performances from The Futureheads, One Night Only and Black Kids. Over 18’s only.

9pm-3am

www.xfm.co.uk

BUY

Which one??

BIG LEBOWSKI:

Thu 20 Mar: Carling Academy Brixton
XFM’s Big Night Out

Featuring XFM DJ’s and live performances from The Futureheads, One Night Only and Black Kids. Over 18’s only.

9pm-3am

www.xfm.co.uk

BUY

Which one??

will be p.a or sound i reckon, them xfm nights are great as a punter, may head down if kindle will get me a ticket :wink:

Went with the Covent Garden for parking on 9 Elms Road, entrance is opposite an Esso garage at a set of lights. £26 :open_mouth: gets you 24 hours parking, as mat said security look out for your truck, contrary to what harry said, it was nice and quiet for the 2 days i had there. It gets packed with coaches thou thats the only downside. There are toilets and hot/cold water as well. Lebowski, it was the XFM do mate.
I actually met an old mate of mine who parks there every week day as he delivers to the BMW garage next to the market entrance, i hadnt seen him for around 7 years so we had a lot of catching up to do.
All in all its expensive but was only 10 min drive from where i needed to be at 2am this morning, and theres security there as well as a pub or 2 a few mins walk, so would recomend it to anyone unfortunate enough to be parking in the area.
Cheers for the help everyone concerned.

24th May DAVID ICKE Sold out.!!!.

kindle530:
Went with the Covent Garden for parking on 9 Elms Road, entrance is opposite an Esso garage at a set of lights. £26 :open_mouth: gets you 24 hours parking, as mat said security look out for your truck, contrary to what harry said, it was nice and quiet for the 2 days i had there. It gets packed with coaches thou thats the only downside. There are toilets and hot/cold water as well. Lebowski, it was the XFM do mate.
I actually met an old mate of mine who parks there every week day as he delivers to the BMW garage next to the market entrance, i hadnt seen him for around 7 years so we had a lot of catching up to do.
All in all its expensive but was only 10 min drive from where i needed to be at 2am this morning, and theres security there as well as a pub or 2 a few mins walk, so would recomend it to anyone unfortunate enough to be parking in the area.
Cheers for the help everyone concerned.

i really wish i had known about it when i did little britain live, i spent 4 days parked out at south mimms, felt like a pole waiting for a reload! now, after that, i avoid south mimms like the plague!

Glad to hear its got quiet .
How do I delete one of my posts…?