Licence refused!

Hello guys, been driving 7.5 tonners for a few years now, and thought it would be about time I stepped up and went for that class 2 licence! However I have run into my first problem and just wondered if any one else out there had had the same experience??

Had my eyes checked, got new glasses, took the HGV medical (which involved an eye test which went fine) sent off for provisional!!! cant wait…

Letter arrives today from the DVLA “The information you gave shows that your eyesight does not meet the medical standard needed for lorry and bus driving” I have 21 days to send a certificate from my opticians for which I shall have to pay…

Cant wait to start my training wasnt expecting this lol

Sorry to hear that. Hope it all goes well and they reconsider for you

Opps, didnt the Doctor say anything to you? I wear glasses and my eyesight is crap without them to be honest.

I know that if you have past you car test pre-97 (tell me if im wrong) that the eyesight test is different.

Hope you get it sorted…

The only fun I had that Im type 2 diabetic, to which I had to prove that its under control…had to pay for a letter from the doctor

Andy

Call Dr Phil Thornley at driversmedicals.co.uk

He owns the company and called us last week because he failed a guy about eyesight issues. Appently the EU have demanded the UK bring our medical standards in line with theirs. Soon our eyesight standard is to be reduced.

Obviously I am not a doctor but call him on 0870 609 1540 and perhaps there is new hope

Did DVLA take your C1 entitlement off your license?? Hoping not!!

I used to work with a guy who had the 7.5t entitlement on his he also drove them with out a prob he came to up grade his licence but at his medical the Dr picked up something wrong with his eyes ( sorry cant remember what ) but he couldnt upgrade he also didnt ned to wear glasses as his sight was fine

This can happen but would question it they may have sent you the wrong letter as this can be done by DVLA :unamused:

Thanks for the replies guys,
going to phone the DVLA tomorrow am. Cant understand it, my eyesight isnt bad without glasses, and perfect now with them! Passed the eye exam at the opticians and the HGV medical without an issue. Just think the DVLA have cocked up somewhere!

Will let you know the outcome…

G Nite

Andy Lewis:
Just think the DVLA have cocked up somewhere!

DVLA? Surely Not :laughing: