Still Waiting for licence

I am itching to get started! Drivers medical and licence sent off nearly 4 weeks ago :imp: . I have been onto DVLA today who said it is being processed! Is this wait the norm? :confused:

Anyone else had to wait this long :question: :question: :question: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Hi m8,

I sent my D2 and D4 forms away on Saturday morning 22nd, by Tuesday I was able to book theory and hazard perception test and cpc module 2 online, by Wednesday my licence was showing online with new catagories C1,C,D1,D added.
I got licence in the post today that’s only 6 days since I posted it, so I wouldn’t say it was the normal unless something needs checking with either the medical department or with the traffic commissioner.

Did they say on the phone as to the reason its taking so long ?

I’m still waiting. Over 5 weeks later. First time it came back, licence and all. Doctor hadn’t ticked a box saying I hadn’t got sleep apnea.

3 weeks later. Called. Nathan put a note on my application (only got scanned in on the 17th, called on the 21st). Came back the second time. The data for the eye test is no longer accepted (since bloody when!), go get this form filled in by an optician/optometerist (I’m not qualified, but it looked like the exact same info! Eye ability (6/4.5 and 6/6. Gravy), prescription strength (Not Applicable), sign date and stamp.

And now I realise I forgot to put my ■■■■■■■ name on the form… So now I’ve got to spend another ton on postage.

■■■■ the DVLA.

I’ve got my provisional through, sent it off on the 3rd of Nov. Checked online on Fri 28th. So took 4 weeks from send off for mine.

Send mine last Thursday (27th), got fingers crossed it wont take long. Fully ready for the theory now.

:slight_smile: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: yes it has come at last!

good one, whats your next step ?

Bj86uk - if you check online to see if your provisional entitlement has been added, you can book your theory and HP before your actual licence turns up.

DVLA wind me up with returning licences. 3 weeks before they’ll even chase it up. I needed mine back for this next Monday (8th) because I start my ADR. I can sit my ADR without needing my licence (digi card and CPC card will suffice as ID) but the 3 days worth of CPC can only be counted if I have both parts of my licence. So now, once I’ve done my ADR, it’s another trip down to Ellesmere Port with my licence to get my 3 years worth of CPC added to it.

Endgame:
Bj86uk - if you check online to see if your provisional entitlement has been added, you can book your theory and HP before your actual licence turns up.

DVLA wind me up with returning licences. 3 weeks before they’ll even chase it up. I needed mine back for this next Monday (8th) because I start my ADR. I can sit my ADR without needing my licence (digi card and CPC card will suffice as ID) but the 3 days worth of CPC can only be counted if I have both parts of my licence. So now, once I’ve done my ADR, it’s another trip down to Ellesmere Port with my licence to get my 3 years worth of CPC added to it.

Thought it was 5 years CPC & why do you need to go & do that it should be automatically uploaded by them

From what I’ve been told, the course only counts as 21 hours of the CPC. Also, I was told I’ll have to have both parts of my actual licence before it can be uploaded? Could be wrong or I could have misunderstood what was said, pretty sure it only counts towards 21 hours though.

Endgame:
From what I’ve been told, the course only counts as 21 hours of the CPC. Also, I was told I’ll have to have both parts of my actual licence before it can be uploaded? Could be wrong or I could have misunderstood what was said, pretty sure it only counts towards 21 hours though.

Unless you are doing the tanker part & that is registered as well so would be 28 hrs

animal:

Endgame:

Unless you are doing the tanker part & that is registered as well so would be 28 hrs

I’m doing everything apart from explosives and nuclear (radioactive?) I am doing tankers and packages.