Lgv1 jobs advert for VEKA @ Burnley!

Hi all,
I’ve sent off for an application form for above job/s. has anyone on this site any experience of the firm & what trucks they run?
I know it’s a big employer in Burnley, they are also asking for warehouse staff & the like.

I used to deliver there in a curtainsider, but never saw any of their wagons, but a few trailers in the yard.

Was a weird place, used to drive into like an isolation booth to tip (door, corridor, door) and then out the other side to turn round and come back through it.

Sure it was some sort of alloy metal I used to deliver there, wasn’t long ago, a couple of months, but my memory is ■■■■ :slight_smile:

They run DAF XF’s units, tailers and drawbars (some on LPG/CNG) with some having Moffett style forklifts.
At the moment the fleet is being replaced with newer DAFs (I think ?).
They deliver nationwide to regular customers in the UPVC window/doors market.
Runs tend to be set due to having regular customers though you could be away all week.
Money is salaried (?) and recently trackers have been fitted to vehicles which hasn’t gone down too well !!
Cost cutting has also started to annoy some of the drivers but as far as jobs go it isn’t too bad.
I do not work their and stand to be corrected if I’ve got my facts wrong !!

Me and my dad worked there in the early 90`s, he was on the wagons and me in the warehouse. From memory, they ran a tight ship but dad always seemed happy enough with it.They were running a fleet of Mercs when I was there. Sorry cant be more help but I would imagine a lot has changed since I was there

Thanks for all the info, I’ve sent my application off so fingers crossed!!!