LCM FH12/13

Its looking like the light control module may have a fault in my FH13, its £702 plus VAT :cry: at Hardies then it needs programing by them :imp: . Everything is working apart from the nearside trailer side lights I’ve spent hours titting around with it & so has my fitter but everything points to this LCM, have any of you Chaps come across the same sort of thing?

fly sheet:
Its looking like the light control module may have a fault in my FH13, its £702 plus VAT :cry: at Hardies then it needs programing by them :imp: . Everything is working apart from the nearside trailer side lights I’ve spent hours titting around with it & so has my fitter but everything points to this LCM, have any of you Chaps come across the same sort of thing?

A weird thing happened to my FM12, from new it would give intermittent warnings about air suspension, brake faults and battery condition. It was in and out of Crossroads and our own workshops until it got to the point, let it develop and we will order a new module under warranty. I went off to load and couldn’t get the air to build up either. The truck was recovered and they put it over the pit on the diagnostics, the only fault showing was a main beam fault. The air was fine, they ordered me some new mud covers on warranty and popped a headlamp bulb in. That truck behaved faultlessly after that day.

Make of it what you can

had the same fault on a55 plate fh12 itwas a brake in wiring loom o/s tilt cab over remove cable brade and repair broken wire.
hope it helps common fault i am told.

john its more than likely what KDM said a lot of our version 2s have suffered with the same problem, the trouble is it could be either side of the cab, my man cuts the braid back and just starts looking for the break, wev never changed a LCM yet, its a ■■■■■■ job but give it a try first.
regards paul.

Wheelnut, KDT & germangeezer, thanks for your advice I’m going to borrow an LCM next week & plug it in see what occurs as this will take 20 minutes & if its not that then its shed up & start wire hunting. I’ve stuck a wire into the susie & linked them through the other side lights, great 20 pence bodge on my new motor :blush: , I would’nt mind I’m flat out at the minute but thats always the way is’nt it!?

Fly sheet

did the same but kept triping out after 1/2 hour or so had to re boot (TURN OFF CUT OFF FOR APROX 30 SECONDS) hope u get sorted.

KDT:
did the same but kept triping out after 1/2 hour or so had to re boot (TURN OFF CUT OFF FOR APROX 30 SECONDS) hope u get sorted.

It tripped out a few times on Thursday, my ramps are operated through the side lights so its a double pain in the ■■■ for me. Thinking on what you & germangeezer have said & speaking to my local Volvo who don’t have an LCM in stock its pointing to a broken wire really. It needs someone with patience & finesse to find & repair it, so thats me out of the loop :slight_smile:

Fly sheet

A broken wire the fitter found it today, yippee its not the LCM :smiley:

Thanks for the help Fellas.