Volvo fm power fault

Hi lads, I have a quick question for you, I have the T on my dash for the Tacho illuminated and the lorry won’t rev out. It also is leaving a black mark on the Tacho chart.
Is it a speed sensor on the box or the accelerator pedal? The wiring seems fine.
It’s an 2005 fm12
Cheers
John

Check the sender on the gearbox or it may be a wireing fault had the both on a 2004 reg FH12 it will have to be taken to a VOLVO garage to be put on the computer.VOLVO did have a batch of faulty tacho senders and the wireing is prone to failing and VOLVO have a replacment loom

Back to the dealers with that one buddy :cry:

Had this as an intermittent fault on one of our 2005 FH XL’s. In the end it was traced to the tachograph loom multi-plug behind the dash. A couple of the connections were corroded. Worth having a look before heading down the dealers.

It is intermittent alright but is happening more often in the past few weeks! Can you tell me which plug it is? I checked the loom from the cab to the box and it was fine.There’s a speed sensor on the shelf in the shed I might just try it so. I was hoping it wasn’t the pedal as I think they are mad money. I had it go in a v1 fm but it had a flat spot rather than wouldn’t rev out.
Thanks for the replays lads

Regarding the plug ID if honest i can’t remember but i fairly sure it was positioned around the area where the steering column adjustment pedal is mounted. I had to pull the dash gauge panel, all the panels around the feet area and the pillar panel to trace the loom. I know it seem a weird place for a tacho multi plug but Volvo can place the tacho either in the dash by the radio or above your head, each position has a different loom which joins at the main multi plug. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your help, checked all of these, and cleaned all , fault disappeared!
Happy days
Cheers
John