lay off query

Hi folks, I work for a small construction supplies company, went into work today to be told no work today due to sites not open due to weather, also no work tomorrow either. Been told we would not be paid either, thats not right is it?
Please could anyone enlighten me on this matter as i thought we were entitled to some form of lay off pay. Many thanks in advance, Andy :question: :frowning:

What does your contract say?

have not been given one, been with company about 3 years now in fact none of the other drivers have one. Andy

worked in constuction for quiet a few years driving tippers the rule was no work no pay simple ypu would proberly find even in a contract there would be a provision for lay offs

Sounds a bit iffy to me.
Presuming you are directly employed by the company and you can get into work, they would have to pay you ?

Was in the same situation last January and was told not to go in 3 days running but got paid.
Depends who you work for i suppose.

Suedehead:
Sounds a bit iffy to me.
Presuming you are directly employed by the company and you can get into work, they would have to pay you ?

Yes and yes

Article concerning this type of situation in the January edition of Truck & Driver; most of the comments here are also on the ACAS web site.

xtruckerlady:
Article concerning this type of situation in the January edition of Truck & Driver; most of the comments here are also on the ACAS web site.

Many thanks for that cheers, Andy

We giveours £21.50 for a lay off day, £60 for working in the yard and more if driving obviously, we used it when we had no work earlier this year.

Do the same sort of thing as you but we are lucky we are salary paid.

andytrew:
Hi folks, I work for a small construction supplies company, went into work today to be told no work today due to sites not open due to weather, also no work tomorrow either. Been told we would not be paid either, thats not right is it?
Please could anyone enlighten me on this matter as i thought we were entitled to some form of lay off pay. Many thanks in advance, Andy :question: :frowning:

Im off too,without any Comment.
Think is as new Agency TRG which got Majority fills Yard with hundreds of Drivers. They even got a few Units as Company wouldn’t let them Work without Assessment.But with TRG Unit they can work like Contractors

Funny enough I just read this on the BBC website the other day about workers rights