Laid off

My employer has laid me & another 6 drivers off for a second week without ‘rotating’ (i.e laying a different 7 off next week) the layoff period within the workforce.

Would anyone like to hazard a guess if I had a chance in a tribunal? My grievance has already been submitted.

laid off with or without pay?

My guess is that unless it was a formal written agreement that it was going to happen (the rotation), they can pretty much do what they like.
Im in the RMT union, for all their crap they come out with, its things like this that they come in useful for.
Seek some legal advise mate, quickly.

Gembo:
My guess is that unless it was a formal written agreement that it was going to happen (the rotation), they can pretty much do what they like.
Im in the RMT union, for all their crap they come out with, its things like this that they come in useful for.

I see your point fella and done all the research but do I have a case for victimization? I’m a Unite member BTW.

paulfromwire:

Gembo:

I see your point fella and done all the research but do I have a case for victimization? I’m a Unite member BTW.

Daft question but are the ones working union members ?

Check out your PMs Paul.

Trev_H:

paulfromwire:

Gembo:

Daft question but are the ones working union members ?

That one I don’t know fella however I’m sure that my boss only got wind of me being a union member very recently. I like to keep that one secret until the [zb] hits the fan.

Just a thought as some employers seem to have strong objections.

If you’re on a zero hours contract, there’s not a lot you can do. Many employers now are taking people on on a zero hours contract.