L.E.D. trailer clusters

I’ve been after some Britax LED trailer clusters for a while - you know the ones, euro-style round ones but LED instead.

I went to our local Britax stockist in Ossett and they’re £40/EACH !!! I want 6 ideally! That’s a lot of wedge! They do the non-LED ones at a tenner each which is more like it but I want the LED ones!!

Does anyone know anywhere you can get them cheaper or perhaps somebody has some ‘knocking about in the back of their garage’ ? (Yeah right).

I’m also after one of those spray flap thingies that hangs off the trailer rear-impact bar, does anyone know where you can get them as cheap as possible ?!

Cheers!

Brgds

Speedy

try
www.truckstuff.co.uk

i know they sell the large mudflaps for trailers(you have to buy two)

:sunglasses: If you read the Government funded book re Fuel Economy you would not be interested in fitting the long flap across the rear of your trailer.
On the other point, never go to an approved dealer. Try Partco and similar. If you an O/D negotiate. If you drive for someone else, what can he/she get them for?? :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

CHEERS! I don’t think the gaffer is too bothered about fuel economy as all the others trailers have them (the one which was on mine got stolen ! No lie! ) and most of the fleet are V8’s too.

Where are Partco based ? I’ve never heard of them. Do you have a number?

I’m also after a big water container too. The ones I’ve seen strapped on behind cabs look to be about 15-20lts capacity and they have a plastic tap on the bottom of them. Any ideas?

Brgds

Speedy

The water containers Speedy, I got one from a caravanners store! that was a while back though, but I reckon its a good place to try.

Mal.

shop at Poplar 2000 truckstop, M6, Lymm for water container [ or they used to anyway ]

Cheers Mal!! Good thinking!

Thanks Mark. I’ll use them as a last resort as I think they’re on drugs with their pricing of stuff.

Brgds

Speedy

They have the water containers in all night owl BP’s, around a tenner.

You can get very good water containers in various sizes at most camping shops. :smiley:

I went to our local Britax stockist in Ossett and they’re £40/EACH !!!

they’re £69 in the truckstuff catalogue :frowning:

Someone’s making a killing then Denis! There’s a Christain Salvesen yard not too far from here and I’ve spied them on their new trailers… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:

Brgds

Speedy

Think on it this way, they cost a lot more, but they are FAR more reliable. Over the life of a trailer, you’ll probably save more money than you spent on just bulbs alone. They don’t break so easily.

Edit: Also - think what you could save in the way of failures on roadside VI checks?

allikat:
…Over the life of a trailer, you’ll probably save more money than you spent on just bulbs alone.

Like wise you don’t loose the bulbs to the MSA bulb bandits!!!

allikat:
. They don’t break so easily.

How tough are they? marker lights on my livestock box last about 24 hours before the tree’s get them - will they stand up to high hedges and narrow lanes :question:

Speedy.The fact you’ve mentioned Ossett,means you must live near me.

Have you tried Mitchells Campers at Middlestown for you water container?

Ken.

Partco’s warehouse is in Nuneaton. I think it is still there. According to my out of date local phone book the number is 024 7635 1010. They used to be known as Quinton Hazell (if I’ve got the company right)

There is also a firm in the West Midlands who make the lights for trailers etc. I’ve collected stuff from there but at the moment cannot think of their name. When I find it I’ll post it for you.

Company is Truck-lite in waterfall lane cradley heath birmingham

Hope this helps

Calv

@Speedy

Hi,

Are you still after the lights and spray flap for trailer ? I dont have the LED ones you are after but the other ones, round Continental ones x 6, brand new,Boxed with bulbs, never bin used and also the flap, brand new never been used. I sold up a couple of months ago and never put them on the Frdige that I sold.

If you are interested let me know. I have sent you a PM

Cheers

I think that you can get replacement ‘bulds’ with L.E.D.s, at least you can get 12v ones anyway. :bulb: I know you want 24v :unamused: but I havn’t been looking for them, I only remember seeing an ad’ for 12v LED bulds in a bike mag’ and putting 2 n 2 together can’t see why they wouldn’t do 24v. Just a thought.

Just read this again and realised I’ve put bulds instead of bulbs, twice :unamused: :blush:

:smiley: Thanks for all the replies and suggestions :smiley:

Quinny, not familiar with Middlestown, it’s a bit out of my way but it’s only a small place so I’ll have a gander up that way toms. I noticed some 20 ltr jobbies at Alconbury yesterday but they want silly money for them. Someone told me camper/caravan places aren’t much better price wise but I’ll see tom.

Cheers,

Brgds

Speedy

Nae problem laddie.

Take the A642 out of Wakefield towards Huddersfield.As you go over the River Calder and then the canal at Horbury Bridge,you go under a viaduct.Take the next right towards Thornhill,and as you turn right,Mitchells is immediately on the left.

Ken.