Kids on holiday

Half-term, missus is at work, my daughter staying with relations, the boy wants to spend a few days up the road with dad. No problem, stow his & my gear away in the motor & away we go. First off is a run to Gt Yarmouth & 18 pallets later we’re off to Lowestoft to collect 4 pallets, just a short trip today to Hatfield & Hitchin, see’s the trailer empty & then the bad news for my little man, "sorry mate we’re goin home tonight " Owww! Was the reply. Tuesday saw us up the yard at 5am for a run to Mansfield then back to the yard to load for Wednesday, about half-way home bordem set in & no amount of PS2 games & DVD’S were gonna cure him! Nevermind mate you can sleep on the top bunk tonight, "ok then ". We parked up just north of Norwich outside the factory we were due to top the load off at in the morning. W e decided it was sausage & chips for tea, then a DVD, off to bed at about 9pm. About 9:30ish this little voice says " Dad i’ m gonna be sick!! " I just manage to get his head out the door before he gives the Stralis a premature interior colour upgrade. then it’s off to bed. 6am we’re up & about using the warehouse toilets for a clean-up & with the trailer loaded at 7am it’s off to Loughborough for the first tip, Carwley Services see’s us taking our first break of the day, then its off to Worcester for a bit of a tight one, no major prob’s & 2 lifts later its off down the M5 to Cheltenham airport. NOW FOR THE RANT OF THE WEEK!!! Why do people who run ’ freight sheds’ always moan about how much they’re being charged ’ coz THIS!! load ’ is 8 days late. Then they keep you waiting for 3hrs before they tip you!!! Anyway job done, temper still in tact, it’s into the first lay-by for some of the now infamous Dodgy-Dave cuisine, which consists of anything that can have the arse boiled out of it in 5mins! The boy is enjoying the trip & i’ m trying to find ways of curing the bordem for him, i fail miserably. We set off for the reload in Dorchester!!! i do a 10hr drive today & we park up in a lay-by between Yeovil & Dorchester, the load won’t be ready until 10am Thursday & we park-up at 8pm so it’ll be a nice long break. It’s been a long day & the ’ wee-man ’ is knackered, so he’s off to bed while i sit & read for a bit then turn in myself. Thursday, rise & shine at about 8:30am today & the usual pee & scrub up, i fix us a bit of brekkie, a quick call to the yard to confirm the address & we set off at about 9:20am. Just before 10am we arrive & they don’t have a clue what we’re there to collect!! SUPERB!!! A few phone calls & some ’ to the point ’ language we get it sorted eventually, we leave at 12:30pm bound for Norwich & home for the boy coz he’s had enough, bless him. We join the M25 at 2:45pm & we’re stop-start to the A1, i can’ t handle it anymore & i make haste to Baldock Services, an hour later & full of KFC ( ths lads choice) it’s across the A505 then up the A11 & home for both of us they need my unit for the trunker tonight. Friday has me doing a few locals on my own. Sometimes i wonder ’ are trucks in our blood?'…!!!OR ARE WE JUST MAD!!!

yes and yes :laughing:

you not on for the delightful mr & mrs long any more then dave?