Kids and half-term

Anyone taking a little trucker’s mate away with them next week? Me and Harry Junior are going to Snowdonia, last two drops are Pwllheli and Conwy.

I’m hoping for either a trip to Spain, Italy or Poland (three places we go to fairly regularly) in the summer hols.

he ready for action with his hi-viz on eh. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mines only 15 months old so i still have all of that ahead of me H.M.

Great Pic of the little trucker!
As you drive through Conway give the side road with ‘Trefriw’ on it a wave from me - I used to live there.

My kids used to love to go out on the truck and bot h of them have had runs down to Spain.
Now my grandchildren love it too and although it is just local these days they still get a kick out of sitting in the cab.

mine have left school :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

although one’s got a hgv licence and the other’s on the yds :wink: (both girls)

mekong:
he ready for action with his hi-viz on eh. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah, proper little man, isn’t he? I’ve been trying to find him some safety boots too but the smallest I can find is size 5 and he’s only a 2 at the mo.

So if anyone knows somewhere that does size 2, please let me know.

He don’t look anything like you Harry :laughing: :laughing:

gardun:
He don’t look anything like you Harry :laughing: :laughing:

Yea, I think he was a grudge baby. Somebody had it in for me…

ellies dad:

Mines grown up and earns more money than me :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

had my 6 year old with me last week for the full holiday
hi vis boots (not safety but he didnt know the diff)hat gloves the works
we only came across 2 probs

1. first time since i started spent every night at home
  2. most places woaned about him being out of the truck
    almost slept in truck at home just to put a smile on his face poor soul
    but he still enjoyed it and doesnt want to go back to school now
    in typical fashion been told back to normal out 4 nights next week

Mothertrucker:
My kids used to love to go out on the truck and bot h of them have had runs down to Spain.

That’s what I’m hoping for in the summer holidays, we still do a couple of Spains a month and I’m sure he would love that. Having said that, he’s just as happy being in the UK, he seems to think that being awake at strange hours, eating junk food, swearing and not washing is some kind of Nirvana… Kids, eh? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Your all very lucky. The last 3 firms ive worked for havent allowed passengers.
I travelled all over western europe with my dad in the holidays and loved it

seems to think that being awake at strange hours, eating junk food, swearing and not washing is some kind of Nirvana… Kids, eh?

Kids■■? You mean to say some grown ups think it is NOT■■?

This is exactly what I do at weekends at the hot rod and drag race meets :laughing: Heaven :exclamation:

JB:

Every firm my dad ever worked for was the same. Didn’t stop me going with him every day of the school hols though! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

ellies dad:

Mine is only 11 weeks and she nearly had to go to work with me this week. :laughing:

I keep telling the missus that the little one is going to be a lorry driver when she grows up but shes having none of it! :laughing:

I started taking my son out with me,when he was about 4.
It’s in his blood, and now he is C+E, after spending time as a panel beater,
parts manager , and car salesman ( where he made great money, but wasn’t happy)
Stores information on truck spec, and EU directives, like a “sponge”. :smiley:
He reads everything there is, about the ever increasing rules and restrictions on our industry
…and hates it when other so called “professional truckers”, give the rest of us a bad name :angry:

My son (6) out with me for half the week. Four drops in London and Surrey - now he thinks he knows everything about the job. Was pretty quiet till his Nintendo batteries went flat (he forgot to bring the charger). Then he decided to take over as tour guide. Every speed sign - “How fast are we going?”, Every bridge height and weight limit the same - “Will we get in there?” Still, a very enjoyable few days. Shame it wasn’t my week for Europe, but maybe during the Easter hols I get him over the water.

I havent any kids but my friends son has lived and breathed trucks ever since he was born. He is in his 30’s now and still does. He has been an owner operator since he was 18 with a small van before getting several artic units.

I remember when he was a lad he was in trouble at school, taking days off and generally being a teenager. His teachers called his parents in and said that he was 5 years behind in his work and couldnt read properly.

His mother said that surprised her since he had been reading Commercial Motor and Truck magazines since he was 8 from cover to cover.

I dont think Mark liked reading Cider with Rosie :stuck_out_tongue:

JB:
I travelled all over western europe with my dad in the holidays and loved it

Who’s does!!!
Just dont get caught lol many a time i have had to hide nefew(no kids my self) in top bunk wheni need to pop into yard !
He loves it ,had him out with me last wed ,had a great time if not expensive lol :laughing:

my 5 year old on his first trip out with me :sunglasses: . it was a rush saturday drop to morros stockton and are lot aren’t keen on kids in the cab. but the misses was at work so they had no choice if they wanted the job done :smiley:

spent the journey up there on the bunk :unamused: keeps asking to go again!!!

but when it comes to school holidays i have to drop onto nights which is a pain in the arse to look after him during the day whilst the misses works

jon