Just when you thought you'd seen the last of

Smart Truckers!

Seems a TV production company want to make a series that goes behind the scenes at ESL. They’re asking for drivers, planners, packers or cleaners to take part.

Allegedly there are three categories, I quote.

HUMAN STORIES. The people who keep Stobart moving, doing a variety of fascinating, high pressure jobs.

JEOPARDY. Watch the workforce battle against the odds to get the trucks to their location/destination on time or unloading containers quickly!

JAWDROPPING HARDWARE. We’ll see the hidden network of heavy metal machinery and transport that keeps Britain moving and shops supplied.

If you have a story email eddie at princesstv.com or ring …

Over to you…

I’m going to apply for that and then i can ask William which ■■■ ordered these new Skodas with no top bunks in for trampers!!.
Been told today that i may be losing my FH for one of these heaps and too say im a bit miffed about it would be the understatement of the year!!.
I dont think for a minute that the series will be much longer than a couple of episodes due to the amount of editing that wil need doing when they speak to some of the drivers lol!!!

i think its a exellent idea,when the general public realise even in the year 2010 that truck drivers are still doing 20 hrs in a day :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: ,we may get appriciated more.

Do you honestly think that ESL will allow any bad publicity? do you think they will let this programme paint a picture of hard working, over stretched truck drivers doing 20 hours a day for a pittence? not on your life! this will be just another advertising campaign for ESL and Tosco, see how wonderful they are, striving to get food on the shelves to keep the poor people of britain from starving!
If any TV company wants to show the real way our distribution industry blunders from one crisis to another, and somehow survives despite it’s own attempts at self distruction, let them come with me for a few weeks of undercover secret filming and reporting.

The only way to make general public appreciate what truck drivers do is to shut the truckin networking for a month but that will never happen. the series will focus more on the owner and what he spends his money on like the last one.

jase:
I’m going to apply for that and then i can ask William which ■■■ ordered these new Skodas with no top bunks in for trampers!!.

Easy answer to that,did you not see the last Stobart self publicising series, they can,t buy you top range motors AND fund the ■■■■■■■ lifestyles of "Will and Andy "(alias the Chuckle Brothers) they certainly didnt come across in a good light, or do themselves any favours. (Expecting the usual response off the certain Stobart driver on here who goes ape sh… when anybody dares to criticise them :unamused: )

I think they should do it, follow in the footsteps of some over here Greek and paint everything Orange.

Call it Simpleton Trucking :laughing: